Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to convince your divorce attorney wife that.........you need....

Slayer

I completely agree!!

And just think... if you would have taken Mr. Nitrous's idea earlier this week, last night you would be seeing just how well you wife "does her job"....

And instead of posting your old boat today for a new one, you would be posting your new boat today for payment on your divorce settlement.... :cry:

Edited by JB-FOOT

In high school I lived in Chicago but my parents had a place in Michigan on a lake. So we'd travel up here a lot, especially in the summer on the weekends. I always had a Chicago girlfriend and a Michigan girlfriend. It was the best. Neither knew about the other. Then one day I get a call from my Michigan girlfriend, all happy and excited, that she is at Pop's, the local hangout here in Illinios, and forgot my street address but was going to stop by.

This thread reminds me of that phone call.

Edited by Michigan boarder

Hello boys its the divorce lawyer wife. I have reading these posts for days. Thank you for the ones that suggested my husband lie or just buy the boat without discussing it with me. You are keeping me in business. If my husband would have communicated with me he would have saved all of you a lot of time and energy. My husband works very hard and deserves to have the boat he loves. I Iook forward to riding in my new malibu this summer BICTH'S!!!!!!!!!!

I love how she suggests it's "hers"......I think "ours" would be more appropriate.

This place is pretty entertaining for a 'boat talk' forum.

BOATING is a Way of Life.....and the talk on this Forum Represents Life....

And Life is Entertaining....

Thus, this Forum is ENTERTAINING.....

:werule:

• Like 2

BOATING is a Way of Life.....and the talk on this Forum Represents Life....

And Life is Entertaining....

Thus, this Forum is ENTERTAINING.....

:werule:

I could not have said it better myself.....and this is me...not my wife speaking.

I love how she suggests it's "hers"......I think "ours" would be more appropriate.

Well NOW, That is a WHOLE Other Thread...For Another Day,

And one that she Won't/Can't read....LOL

And that my friend is why there are Psychiatrists.... :crazy:

I could not have said it better myself.....and this is me...not my wife speaking.

You need to TELL the Wife, she needs her OWN screen name.....and just in case she is still reading this...

To make that suggestion better, ASK the wife to get her OWN screen name....LOL

You need to TELL the Wife, she needs her OWN screen name.....and just in case she is still reading this...

To make that suggestion better, ASK the wife to get her OWN screen name....LOL

I agree, JB. Then she can comment on all this stuff at will......but....that may not be good for me in the long run, LOL....

To bad that you will need to end ever post with that response. No pun intended.

Edit: ahopkins beat me to it.

Edited by isellacuras
  • Like 2

I find talking about it, ad nauseum, works pretty well with usually being told "just buy it if it will shut you up".

But, there needs to tactics in the mindless banter. Start with the negatives of the current item owned (or not owned but needed), then slowly blend in the "I'm worried if it goes wrong" , next switch over to the positives that the new item will have if purchased, and lastly, the become excited over the good news when said new item has been found at a heavily reduced cost to retail. This may take months but persistence is the key

I also understand that she is the boss and know when to shut up :) .

Edited by brad72

Mrs. Inlandlaker,

I'm most certain that your hubby was ALWAYS planning to talk with you about the potential boat purchase in a calm, logical, caring and mutaully respectful fashion, but he hesitated and started this thread purely for the immense entertainment value it would elicit for the rest of us slugs

All missions accomplished. Enjoy both of your new boats!

• Like 2