Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G25 - sheared off prop shaft!

SurfgateBob

I don't know about Talk Team but everyone on this site seems to be a Crew Supporter or Crew Chief. Who needs advertising when you have this kind of support...pretty awesome!

Edited by Afun

Yep, I'm listening.

First off, yes, I get exhausted reading about the other brands postings on TMC.com. As Admin/Mods, we read EVERYTHING posted here because that's what we were asked to do to moderate these forums when we volunteered to do this job. I could care less about the other brands personally. I own a Malibu and have always owned Malibu as tow specific boats. I am very loyal to the brand and just don't care too much about the others. I usually don't give much time or effort on the other brands at boat shows. I have very good friends that work for other Mfg's. They don't try to force their brands on me as I don't them. I LOVE my Malibu.

As you know;

We have had members here over the years that have switched brands and for the most part they disappear from this site. There are some that switch and stay and still contribute greatly to this forum without mentioning the other brands unless asked. We all appreciate those members. Rarely do we get members that are very vocal about their new brands and they stay long. They are usually more interested in their new brand to not try and disrupt the flow here. Most times the membership won't let them be so outspoken that they feel welcome to stay around. A little ribbing and they are gone. It's when some of the the membership is actually interested in the other brands that we get those members that have converted to other camps staying and pushing their brands. Those members feel they have something to contribute that the membership wants. Wether it's the majority of the membership or not is not important, they want to validate their decision to jump ship so to speak. Believe me when I say they won't stay around here long praising their new boats without much friction from the membership that has been here for a long time. They too will move on. (There are a few members here that feel it's their duty to argue and create discussions that spiral down. IF these guys ever change brands, not sure they would go away. :lol: )

The thing I look at is this, I don't want to this site to be like Team Talk, for example, where we don't allow other boats mentioned or negative talk about Malibu. That's not the direction I want to steer this ship and I bet the other Admins/Mods don't either. That's one of the reasons there is no advertising here. We don't care if you talk negatively about a product as long as it's true and based on fact. We don't want any company advertising here telling us to remove content because it's damaging to their company name and we feel strongly that the membership doesn't want that censorship either. I'd like the site to be informative to what the membership wants. If they want info on other boats, I don't want to be the one that says "NO, you can't talk about that!" If they are interested, I say let them read what they want as long as it's not disruptive to the membership. I still think the membership makes this site what it is and they will be the ones that will allow so much drivel about other brands to be posted frequently.

As far as interviewing folks in the post from Ryan. I didn't see to much in that post that wasn't basically a sales pitch and a pat on their own back. What did we really learn about boats in that discussion that we didn't already know. We could do interviews with the guys at Malibu. We have those connections. Do you want sales pitches from them about their new product line that's already been released? Do we want to hear from them how bad the other Mfgs are or how their gizmos are inferior in their own words? We all know that they are not going to give us any secrets or information on products in the pipeline that haven't been announced yet. They aren't going to address issues to specific members boats. If we just want to read their words because they spoke them, I don't put much value in that. I read enough of that from experts every day here.

There is one more group...those that don't own a Malibu, but also don't really care about any boat manufacture in particular and just like to shoot the breeze with friends :) I'm in the minority but I would still hang out on this site if I owned a pontoon boat, jet ski, or fishing boat.

• Like 2

BS/85-

You asked, questions answered. CC CEO answered EVERY question we pitched prior to the interview on PN.

Bottom line, no additional racks on FC towers or NCRS for the 210/230s.

There a reason this is directed at me? I haven't been active in this thread in pages...and I never asked if they would come out with more racks. Sure, I mocked that limitation and design when all you hear from correct craft is about being rider inspired (watch the Murray video), but I could give rip what Correct Craft's plans are in that regard and never asked because I will never be buying a new correct craft...but thanks for the shout out.

Thanks for the reply Ronnie. It's nice to hear from the mods occasionally when you know, as a long time user, things are beginning to build up.

Very well said and I couldn't agree with you more on how the site is run and in sorts "member managed". It does work for the most part, but occasionally we need a little shout out on this stance from the mods.

What I was getting at with the Q/A suggestion is this. I thought it would be different if we could actually have memeber asked questions fielded by someone at Malibu that would have the abilty to answer them. I can't rememeber them ever offering us as the fan base, that type of oppertunity on here. I think it could and would be informative and answer some of the things we all speculate about so often. I wasn't meaning I wanted to hear some sort of sales pitch from them.

Knowing that this forum is one of the best around in the wakeboat game and a valuable asset for Malibu as a corporation, They should be more than willing to answer some questions from the "niche group" of owners as we have been tagged in the past. I think it would be a neat thing to add to this site.

OK BB, lets try it this way. Why don't you start a thread that is based on "What would you like to ask Malibu management if you had the chance?" The membership can post their questions and the rest of the membership can Like the responses to the question in that post. The questions that get the most likes could be the ones that would be used IF it gets as far as a real interview. There will be many that will need to be trimmed because they are posted by someone having issues with their boat etc. The questions will have to be directed to Malibu in a real way that will actually be answered. The questions will not be used in a way to retaliate to problems. Lets see if there are questions that the membership has that aren't pertaining to future development, problems with designs etc. that they will likely answer. After we collect this data, we can see if it might be feasible to further pursue it to Malibu. I am in NO WAY saying that this will happen so don't say I did. :tomato: It's a way to see if something like this could happen. I've not discussed this with the other Admins so it would have to get their approval in the end as well. Go for it...BUT don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. There are lots of ducks to line up to get this sort of thing to happen.

Sounds good. I wil do that.

Seems stange that is would be such an undertaking to get the manufacturer to field questions from its customer base, but oh well.Funny that you state we can't ask questions about problems or future development. There is not too much more out there that long time customers or future ones would like to know honestly. If Malibu was smart they would realize how valubale these forums are to future buisness. The internet and these types of forums are becomimg key to sucessfull buisnesses. Where do most people these days go to research major purchases? THE INTERNET. Yes, you can't belive everything you read on the internet, but if you are good a weeding through the crap, there is a lot of valubale information, especially here.

I find it interesting that NOBODY from Malibu ever bothers to make contact with customers here who have issues, especially knowing that this site does not filter this for the most part. Look at most any of the automotive based enthusiats websites. Take F-150online for example. If a member goes to that forum and posts about an issue they are having with said vehicle and it is not getting resolved to satisfaction at the dealer level, 99% of the time some one from "FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE" will reply , make contact and try to help turn the thread around and get the issue resolved. Ford does not own or control those sites. They want to make sure people see that their concerns are getting taken care of and the manufacturer "cares". Its an awesome business model if you ask me. Social media and these web forums are the wave of the future for consumer information. Those who refuse to embrace it may be left in the dust. Might I mention what happened here with AQUALEDS?

But I will take lead and throw up a post if that's what you suggest. Sounds doubtfull that you want to take something like this seriously though. Dont wanna derail this thread any further, so maybe move this stuff to the new Q/A post if ya could?

On a side note, I find it entertaining that Nautique claims they do not "buy" their competitors boats. They may technically not purchase them, but they probably "borrow" one from one of their dealers who sells competitive brands. Competitive assessment and bench marking is done by most manufacturers of anything. It's a very valuable tool, and I'd be genuinely surprised if they didn't do so.

Sounds good. I wil do that.

Seems stange that is would be such an undertaking to get the manufacturer to field questions from its customer base, but oh well.Funny that you state we can't ask questions about problems or future development. There is not too much more out there that long time customers or future ones would like to know honestly. If Malibu was smart they would realize how valubale these forums are to future buisness. The internet and these types of forums are becomimg key to sucessfull buisnesses. Where do most people these days go to research major purchases? THE INTERNET. Yes, you can't belive everything you read on the internet, but if you are good a weeding through the crap, there is a lot of valubale information, especially here.

I find it interesting that NOBODY from Malibu ever bothers to make contact with customers here who have issues, especially knowing that this site does not filter this for the most part. Look at most any of the automotive based enthusiats websites. Take F-150online for example. If a member goes to that forum and posts about an issue they are having with said vehicle and it is not getting resolved to satisfaction at the dealer level, 99% of the time some one from "FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE" will reply , make contact and try to help turn the thread around and get the issue resolved. Ford does not own or control those sites. They want to make sure people see that their concerns are getting taken care of and the manufacturer "cares". Its an awesome business model if you ask me. Social media and these web forums are the wave of the future for consumer information. Those who refuse to embrace it may be left in the dust. Might I mention what happened here with AQUALEDS?

But I will take lead and throw up a post if that's what you suggest. Sounds doubtfull that you want to take something like this seriously though. Dont wanna derail this thread any further, so maybe move this stuff to the new Q/A post if ya could?

Lets be honest. It's very unlikely that Malibu would give out any future development here or any where else. You as a long time Malibu owner know how they have tried to prevent leaking information on gizmos or boat models for even next years models. I'm fairly certain they are trying to protect current dealer inventory from not being sold. It's hard to sell this years inventory when customers know next years model will be the "End all Be all." Sure there will be un-informed customers that don't research their purchase enough and spring for the current model but those customers that come to sites like this for info will be inclined to wait resulting in dealers that have a lot of left over boats. That's not good for the dealer or Malibu.

Malibu had a person that was very involved with social media up until a couple of years ago. That person has moved on to another boat company now. I'm sure that person was replaced at Malibu. We/I don't have any interaction with them though. As a company, Malibu does use this forum as a research point. I've seen several times where a mod on a member's boat one year was introduced into the product line the next year. They know the value of this forum to them. You can bet that they won't get involved with members problems here though when they have the dealers and company Reps to do that. No way would they step on a dealers toes to fix a problem on a public forum by going around the dealer. That's not a good way to treat a dealer and they know it. Comparing Malibu CS to a company as big as Ford's is apples to oranges.

Yes, I do take this subject seriously. IF there are questions posted that Malibu WOULD answer and are meaningful to the membership, I'm all for it. Otherwise I wouldn't have given you the idea knowing that I would have to deal with the repercussions down the road if it can't happen. I gave you those examples above to let you have a running start on what they might be interested in answering. They aren't going to tell us what's coming down the pipeline etc. There are a lot of questions that we as consumers have, that they will not answer to protect themselves in the market. Those are the questions that will prevent Malibu from cooperating with us on this.

I think that I'll add one thing to that.

Personally I would rather see Malibu keep things with this community at arms length. As it is, there is no question that we are autonomous & not affiliated with Corp in any way. The second that they start actively participating here, it creates a question about that, one that I don't want to see form up in the minds of the members here.

• Like 1

Check.

I never said that Ford steps on dealers toes in those situations. After all its a Ford product as it is a MALIBU boat per say, not an Active Watersports boat and customer perception of product falls largely on the PRODUCT . I personally know how those situations go down. And why can't you compare the two? Someone from Ford customer service will make contact with the customer, then contact the dealer to possibly mediate and help resolve the problem and provide any possible assistance Ford can to make the customer happy. Face it. Not all dealers have customer service at the top of their list. When they start hearing from Pops at Ford it can sometimes turn things the customer's direction.

I understand they are tight lipped about what the next new "gotta have it" gizmo. I am not asking or suggesting they reveal covetted trade secrets. A little better relationship with the "core" group of customers goes a long way if you ask me. I think I know who you reffering to as far as media goes... She's great, and I still talk to her when boat show season comes around every year.

On second thought.....all that customer service may drive the price of the boats up even more. Never mind.

I think that I'll add one thing to that.

Personally I would rather see Malibu keep things with this community at arms length. As it is, there is no question that we are autonomous & not affiliated with Corp in any way. The second that they start actively participating here, it creates a question about that, one that I don't want to see form up in the minds of the members here.

We all know that TMC is not directly affilaiated with MALIBU corp.,but they have a link of sorts on their site. Might wanna ask about that?

http://www.malibuboats.com/faq.html

Yeah, we've had a link on their site for some time & that's good. But I think that the wording on that page could be phrased differently for sure.

And yeah, those who have been around for some time know that we're not affiliated with Corp, but I think you'd be surprised at how many of the newer members don't know that & think otherwise. I don't like the thought of any encouragement to that end.

That's exactly what I was eluding to. The first timers or newbies that cruze the Malibu site and are looking for info see that and automatically assume it's a related entity.

IMO, Q&A's with a Corpration mean zero. Corporations have so many interests to protect its not even funny. All you are EVER going to get is a bunch of corporate-speak mumbo jumbo and i totally understand why. I find it hilarious that the CC interview was posted here.... like its evidence of something. For the record, I have absoluely no idea what that 'something' is. I can't imagine an adult reading that drivel and getting something meaningful out of it, but whatever. Obviously an elongated sales pitch in the form of an interview is useful to some folks.

I agree with WG about keeping the mothership at arms length. IMO, having Malibu visibly participate, or have any connection to this site is a lose-lose; it erodes the grass roots legitimacy of the site and it puts Malibu in the unenviable position of Internet fireman. If unhappy customers know they can come here and start a fire and it will get put out.... What do ya think they'll do? No thanks. All I ask is that they monitor the site heavily and take real suggestions & legitimate complaints to heart.

Also, I found it hilarious to learn of Team Talk's policy regarding complaints/ other brands. I would be embarrassed to be a member of a site with a policy like that.

Great point. Never thought of that.

Edited by ryangb

And for the record BS, I am not asking them for more involvement. It's more along the lines of them ,BLACK CANYON CAPITOL, realizing what we have here and showing us a little love for all the battles we choose to fight on thier behalf. When you can't have a Q/A with yor core customer's out of fear of some sort , there's a problem.

Malibu used to be that kind of companay. I used to call the CA. plant and get top notch service, called by name. It's different now obviously. But as small as this industry really is, it should be that way.

You think people don't already come on here and light fires when they are unhappy? It's just they get no attention. IE: MR G23 himself.

If I'm reading Bobby right, part of what he feels is much the way that I do in that I'd like to see Malibu as a company & how they interact with their customer base go back to the way it used to be when Big Dog was running it. But as they say, you can't go home again, that ship has sailed, yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Totally get ya Bobby and I agree. I just, personally, wouldn't 'feel the love' by getting the type of answers they're gonna provide. If I thought for one second they could publicly say "no, that ain't happening. It makes no sense for our bottom line" OR "yeah, we missed the boat on that and we'll take care of it" I would be all for it.

But we all know what we're going to hear is some version of "we remain committed to servicing our world, not just our customers..... That's why we've got CC missionaries staged around the world just waiting to spring into action like Jason Bourne assassins".

:lol:

If I'm reading Bobby right, part of what he feels is much the way that I do in that I'd like to see Malibu as a company & how they interact with their customer base go back to the way it used to be when Big Dog was running it. But as they say, you can't go home again, that ship has sailed, yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Wait, who's Bobby Right? I'm so confused... Bobby Light, Bobby Bright, sounds like the start of a redneck nursery rhyme.

It's Bobby LightBright, right?

:dontknow:

cliff notes version

Greg Meloon: The Surf Pipe has been designed by the Nautique team to deliver the exhaust into the prop stream without increasing back pressure to the engine. It will also be available to retrofit 2013 G Series boats.

shawndoggy: wha? Is Larry from FAE part of the "Nautique team" now? Larry, I hope they paid you a pretty penny for the idea, because they're sure acting like they thought of it.

Just got this email from Larry at FAE:

FAE_Newsletter_Logo600x200.1.png Surf Pipe Exhaust on 2014 Nautique G23 and G25 August 7, 2013 Fresh Air Exhaust is pleased to announce that Correct Craft Boats (Nautique) has included a Fresh Air Exhaust designed system on their 2014 G23 and G25 boats; the system is called a Surf Pipe. Pleasure Craft Marine evaluated the Surf Pipe and certified it for use on their 550 hp supercharged engine (XS 550 SC).

Larry Mann, the inventor of Fresh Air Exhaust, is thrilled that the Surf Pipe has been certified on the largest, highest horsepower engine available from Pleasure Craft Marine. It is evident that FAE can handle the demands of the smaller engines typically found on inboard ski boats.

Fresh Air Exhaust is available for ALL inboard boats: G23, G25, all other Nautiques, Axis, Calabria, Centurion, Correct Craft, Epic, Gecko, Hydrodyne, Infinity, Malibu (all Wedges), MasterCraft, MB, Moomba, Sanger, Shamrock, Ski Supreme, Supra, Tige, some SwitchBlades, as well as yachts and sports fishers.

In celebration, we are offering $50 off FAE purchased in August. This applies to ALL brands of boats.

* If you place your order online, the discount code is: Surf Pipe blank.gifblank.gifblank.gif$50 OFF ANY FAE

Good through 8/31/13 LEARN MORE ABOUT FAE To learn more about FAE, visit our newly designed website at www.FreshAirExhaust.com Friend on Facebook | Forward to Friend Copyright © 2013 Fresh Air Exhaust, All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website or because of our relationship with you and your company.

Our mailing address is:

Fresh Air Exhaust
5328 Reimes Road
Spicewood, TX 78669

Add us to your address book

MC_MonkeyReward_15.png unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

EDIT: Sorry clearly the formatting went to $hit but you get the idea

Edited by TrickyNicky