Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Cruise GPS vs. Malibu Cruise Paddle wheel

Fman

Just a question?  Was this always at low speeds like surfing or boarding?   My 07 R LXI works fine at 34 / 36 MPH on a slalom and I can pull 1.5 / 2.0 MPH in the run but a fast smooth correction is always done. I will stay + or - .4  MPH.  Good enough for open water skiing. It was the best thing since sliced breed for me when the wife drove. I can tell if I am over or under + or - .5MPH. 

Well looks like the solution that has worked for other individuals using the Medallion GPS puck is not an option for my boat.  My Malibu dealer talked to Malibu and they said this is not an option for 2012 and is only available for 2013+.  They said I would need to try an aftermarket speed control system....not sure if $1500 is worth it to get rid of this issue but I'm definitely contemplating it.

I don't know when it started but my 2019 has the option to switch from GPS to Paddle wheel.

Besides having ballast this is my favorite option :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2019 at 3:13 PM, bfiore5000 said:

Well looks like the solution that has worked for other individuals using the Medallion GPS puck is not an option for my boat.  My Malibu dealer talked to Malibu and they said this is not an option for 2012 and is only available for 2013+.  They said I would need to try an aftermarket speed control system....not sure if $1500 is worth it to get rid of this issue but I'm definitely contemplating it.

This is not true. I have converted a 2012 Malibu to gps cruise. All the plugins should be there.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:26 PM, breakz77 said:

I don't know when it started but my 2019 has the option to switch from GPS to Paddle wheel.

Besides having ballast this is my favorite option :biggrin:

2015 sport dash was the start. Older boats have a toggle switch under the dash if they have the gps option.