Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 axis prices going up

40oz

With me new platform and a ton of weight in the nose on the surf side the wave is very nice behind the a22. Is it as nice as an lsv or vlx? No. Is it as nice as what I've seen the 22 mxz produce? I think so. I'll post some pics.

From 85 Barefoot

"Lost their way?" Yeah I guess no one knows what they're doing, they just built a brand up into the fifth largest producer spot with a whopping 2 models released in the middle of the worst economy in 90 years. Yeah, they should be fired.

Reagan years? Yeah those were the days. Bring back the wood interior malibu...give me a carb, airguide speedos, and leaded gas requirements too...even use hideous cheap vinyl that's a blend of orange and rust...you can even use teak platforms and rubber rub rails, even make a closed bow 19 footer again just do anything to get these prices down! That's what America wants! Are you listening Malibu?! Seating for 4 and you'll sell the heck out of them fro 1985 prices! Everyone will want them! People don't want towers or speed control or ballast anymore Malibu, you just incorrectly changed your strategy on that over the last 10 years because every customer ordered those options...but they were just confused! All we customers want is the 80s back baby!!! Give us that sweet I/O again, and that astroturf carpet, I loved giving myself a pedicure with my boat carpet whiel driving, you cna even give us a dash mounted mirror...just GET THESE PRICES BACK DOWN!!! No one wants a stereo and we'd be totally content with 235 propshaft horsepower again. You could even use one of your old molds with a crazy roostertail, heck we can start a new event called rodeoing...better yet, we also want stick on cupholders throughout the boat, and off the shelf steering wheels from autozone like the good ol days just lower the prices! Bob! Where are you Bob?!

all of the above is meant in jest and in good fun :biggrin:

That's funny 85, and brings back a lot of memories of boats from my past. Heck, I remember thinking I'd stop buying new boats when they hit $1000 per foot. :)

Edited by Murphys

There is one at the dealership I work at that is priced at $49,995. 2013 A20 with s/a trailer, cover, sound pack 1, flip drivers seat, and wedge. I didn't look but believe it may have the pnp plumbing and chillax seats as well. I've seen a lot of them sell for under $50,000 and a few a22's for under $55,000. I've also seen a22's for close to $80,000 for a loaded vandall edition. It all depends what you want and consider a "value." I had two a22's and they were amazing boats, but switched to a 23 LSV this year for surfgate and the plushness. I optioned them fairly similar, aside from surfgate and my a22 had the z5 while my LSV does not and the Axis was over $20,000 less. For the price difference it was a hell of a value as it did pretty much everything my LSV does it just wasn't quite as plush or quiet and didn't surf quite as well. I'd buy another in a second and may based on what I've heard they are working on.

• Like 2

I think one of the reasons there is such varying opinions on what an Axis will go for is that all dealers are not the same. Some are willing to take less of a profit than others.

I travel a lot for work and happen to be in 3 different cities that had their boat shows going on and I also went to my local show as well. I priced the EXACT same optioned 23 LSV at all 4 shows and I got 4 different prices. There was a $12K price difference between the high and the low with the other 2 falling somewhere in between.

Just because your local dealer won't sell one for under $50-55K doesn't mean those prices don't exist. I know we all want that great relationship with our dealer, but sometimes you have to shop around.

http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=38452

Not a bad price for one that is pretty much fully loaded!

Yea, saw that one today. Nice boat, and yes loaded, but 200+ hours and still wants close to 60k. I'd love to find one close to 40K and at least have tower speakers. Did you see that pic of it sacked out? Dang that nose is close to the water. Better have someone with driving skills if you are going to be riding in any chop or else you will take one over the bow when picking up a fallen rider.

Follow up question.

2010 Malibu Vride or 2012 Axis A22?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, looking for great wake first of all and if i can get quality build (interior, sound system, sub foor hard tanks) for around low 40k, I will be happy.

I know the Vride is the previous model VLX hull, but what about interior and dash? Simular to that previous model?

V Ride personally. I'm not a big fan of pickle forks with the MXZ being an exception. Quality interior, no straight vinyl. Definitely a step up in quality but the wake on the A22 is probably better stock.

Follow up question.

2010 Malibu Vride or 2012 Axis A22?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, looking for great wake first of all and if i can get quality build (interior, sound system, sub foor hard tanks) for around low 40k, I will be happy.

I know the Vride is the previous model VLX hull, but what about interior and dash? Simular to that previous model?

What's more important to you, wakeboarding or surfing? If its surfing, def go with the vride.

I can tell you this much. I've seen what axis is putting out for 14, and I was impressed. It will be hard to decide what to buy next year. There are some little knocks that I had on my a22, and most of those things have been taken care of. If you hated axis before you will comtinue to hate the new stuff, but if you liked axis' line, but did not like some of the small details that made the boat feel somewhat cheaper, you will like the 14 lineup!!!

V Ride personally. I'm not a big fan of pickle forks with the MXZ being an exception. Quality interior, no straight vinyl. Definitely a step up in quality but the wake on the A22 is probably better stock.

I'm not a fan of the bu pickle forks surf wise. The boats look great, but it takes some strange weighting to get a good surf wake out of them and even then it's not as good as the other BU surf wakes. Now the wakeboard wakes that those pickle forks are throwing is top notch, IMO the best wakeboard wakes in the BU line up come out of their pickle forks. I just like a little better rounded boat.

• Like 1