Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 axis prices going up

40oz

This was suppose to be the value boat. A good boat, good price, good wake, etc... They are already too expensive. Why come out with another brand if Malibu exist and has similiar prices. I just don't get it. Boats and the boating industry are for the rich.

You can buy a brand new bayliner for around 20k and boat to your hearts content. All about what you want to spend on the boat you want. Mercedes or civic? Both will do the same thing, one just does it better, with a little more comfort :) Edited by wakebrdr94

Inboard boat prices are really getting insane, which is why the $30k-$40k used boat market is so competitive. Seems like manufacturers would pick up on this market and target this consumer group.

You may be on to something there. Seriously, if a boat manufacturer could produce a wakeboard/ski boat with decent wake, tower, speakers and the V-drive set up for around 40-50k they would probably dominate that portion of the market.

You may be on to something there. Seriously, if a boat manufacturer could produce a wakeboard/ski boat with decent wake, tower, speakers and the V-drive set up for around 40-50k they would probably dominate that portion of the market.

Axis was there just 2-3 years ago.

Which is exactly what Malibu does. Axis is the 5th largest boat-builder...with TWO MODELS! You could easily keep an Axis under 50 if you wnated to, but, people don't, they load them up with options that weren't even around ten years ago and then gripe about price increases. Alpina, Infinity, Svfara, Aztec, American Skier, gekko, toyota, etc. the list is a mile long of companies who had decent wakes and build but never make it.

Which is exactly what Malibu does. Axis is the 5th largest boat-builder...with TWO MODELS! You could easily keep an Axis under 50 if you wnated to, but, people don't, they load them up with options that weren't even around ten years ago and then gripe about price increases. Alpina, Infinity, Svfara, Aztec, American Skier, gekko, toyota, etc. the list is a mile long of companies who had decent wakes and build but never make it.

So true, just in this thread alone people are talking surf gate on axis

Axis was there just 2-3 years ago.

It's still there, you just can't go off on the options. It's funny (to me) that people still gripe about the "direction" of the industry when 10 years ago a VLX cost well in excess of 40, and you can now get a bigger boat with a better wake with more options 10 years later for about 10 grand more! That's not even keeping up with inflation!

Edited by 85 Barefoot

It's still there, you just can't go off on the options. It's funny (to me) that people still gripe about the "direction" of the industry when 10 years ago a VLX cost well in excess of 40, and you can now get a bigger boat with a better wake with more options 10 years later for about 10 grand more! That's not even keeping up with inflation!

I don't know, my buddy got a 2010 axis just a step down from an vandal for around 50k in 2010. Had everything but the name and stickers. 400 raptor engine, which was the largest you could get then, full stereo, full plug an play, ect ect. Now that same boat would be int he low to mid 60s

At the boat show this past season, you could get an a20 for 45k, an a22 for 50k. Only thing missing was a badass stereo. Already has a ballast system, what more do you need? As others have said, options send the price into the clouds. $235 for a Bluetooth connection that I made one for $35. Now think of the mark up on everything else.

At the boat show this past season, you could get an a20 for 45k, an a22 for 50k. Only thing missing was a badass stereo. Already has a ballast system, what more do you need? As others have said, options send the price into the clouds. $235 for a Bluetooth connection that I made one for $35. Now think of the mark up on everything else.

Precisely...and compare a 2013 A22 to a 2000 era VLX, which were fine boats, I had one, but from a utility standpoint, Axis is way ahead and at a very modest price increase.

I paid 45k for my 2002 vlx brand new. With a kick a** stereo and options. I'm with you on that. Although a new vlx is putting you in mid 70s, but with a lot more options and technology. Of course the "bling" is something you're going to pay for!

I don't know, my buddy got a 2010 axis just a step down from an vandal for around 50k in 2010. Had everything but the name and stickers. 400 raptor engine, which was the largest you could get then, full stereo, full plug an play, ect ect. Now that same boat would be int he low to mid 60s

Exactly! Too much of an increase for the once called "Value Boat". The marketing people have lost their way with the brand. Once again, they are selling to the CEO/Executive/Wakeboarder. This price thing is an obvious hot button for me. It's not exactly the Reagan years.

But he optioned his boat with a bigger motor, which drove the price up. If you want to stay in the 50k range, buy an a22 stock, without the extra options. You get a wedge, ballast, a good wake, 50k. The price increase you see with axis are options added, for the most part. If you want to save 5k more, get an A20

Edited by wakebrdr94

Exactly! Too much of an increase for the once called "Value Boat". The marketing people have lost their way with the brand. Once again, they are selling to the CEO/Executive/Wakeboarder. This price thing is an obvious hot button for me. It's not exactly the Reagan years.

"Lost their way?" Yeah I guess no one knows what they're doing, they just built a brand up into the fifth largest producer spot with a whopping 2 models released in the middle of the worst economy in 90 years. Yeah, they should be fired.

Reagan years? Yeah those were the days. Bring back the wood interior malibu...give me a carb, airguide speedos, and leaded gas requirements too...even use hideous cheap vinyl that's a blend of orange and rust...you can even use teak platforms and rubber rub rails, even make a closed bow 19 footer again just do anything to get these prices down! That's what America wants! Are you listening Malibu?! Seating for 4 and you'll sell the heck out of them fro 1985 prices! Everyone will want them! People don't want towers or speed control or ballast anymore Malibu, you just incorrectly changed your strategy on that over the last 10 years because every customer ordered those options...but they were just confused! All we customers want is the 80s back baby!!! Give us that sweet I/O again, and that astroturf carpet, I loved giving myself a pedicure with my boat carpet whiel driving, you cna even give us a dash mounted mirror...just GET THESE PRICES BACK DOWN!!! No one wants a stereo and we'd be totally content with 235 propshaft horsepower again. You could even use one of your old molds with a crazy roostertail, heck we can start a new event called rodeoing...better yet, we also want stick on cupholders throughout the boat, and off the shelf steering wheels from autozone like the good ol days just lower the prices! Bob! Where are you Bob?!

all of the above is meant in jest and in good fun :biggrin:

Edited by 85 Barefoot

But he optioned his boat with a bigger motor, which drove the price up. If you want to stay in the 50k range, buy an a22 stock, without the extra options. You get a wedge, ballast, a good wake, 50k. The price increase you see with axis are options added, for the most part. If you want to save 5k more, get an A20

People would be shocked if they knew what a dealer would sell a stock A20 with the base engine for. But, its pretty hard to find a stripped down boat. But if you went in and said I want to get on the water in an A20 with a trailer you could stay under 50 no problem.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

People would be shocked if they knew what a dealer would sell a stock A20 with the base engine for.

I agree. No wetsounds no 20" wheels and tires, just a basic boat.

"Lost their way?" Yeah I guess no one knows what they're doing, they just built a brand up into the fifth largest producer spot with a whopping 2 models released in the middle of the worst economy in 90 years. Yeah, they should be fired.

Reagan years? Yeah those were the days. Bring back the wood interior malibu...give me a carb, airguide speedos, and leaded gas requirements too...even use hideous cheap vinyl that's a blend of orange and rust...you can even use teak platforms and rubber rub rails, even make a closed bow 19 footer again just do anything to get these prices down! That's what America wants! Are you listening Malibu?! Seating for 4 and you'll sell the heck out of them fro 1985 prices! Everyone will want them! People don't want towers or speed control or ballast anymore Malibu, you just incorrectly changed your strategy on that over the last 10 years because every customer ordered those options...but they were just confused! All we customers want is the 80s back baby!!! Give us that sweet I/O again, and that astroturf carpet, I loved giving myself a pedicure with my boat carpet whiel driving, you cna even give us a dash mounted mirror...just GET THESE PRICES BACK DOWN!!! No one wants a stereo and we'd be totally content with 235 propshaft horsepower again. You could even use one of your old molds with a crazy roostertail, heck we can start a new event called rodeoing...better yet, we also want stick on cupholders throughout the boat, and off the shelf steering wheels from autozone like the good ol days just GET THE PRICES DOWN!

Reagan years in respect to a prospering economy and a government that did not look down at success. It's much more difficult during these times with this government to purchase a boat in these price ranges. I only ask for the industry to curtail the inflated prices.

I remember talking to an Axis designer at the cardlock fuel station several years ago (always a great place to see new Bu's in Merced), I remember him saying something to effect of, we build a value boat and the dealer's order them completely loaded.

Reagan years in respect to a prospering economy and a government that did not look down at success. It's much more difficult during these times with this government to purchase a boat in these price ranges. I only ask for the industry to curtail the inflated prices.

So just so my small-mind can understand your argument, you're asking for the industry to "curtail" "inflated" prices, and their "inflated prices" are a result of a government that looks down at success where tax rates are currently substantially lower than under Reagan? Confused.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

So just so my small-mind can understand your argument, you're asking for the industry to "curtail" "inflated" prices, and their "inflated prices" are a result of a government that looks down at success where tax rates are currently substantially lower than under Reagan? Confused.

Nope. You're just an agitator. For argument sake, Obama is the best and these boats are very affordable.

:bsflag:

Sorry bud, but that's just not true.

Very true. A20, Boat, stock, trailer, 45k. As of 2013. Not sure what the price increase will be for 2014. I guess it depends on your part if the country and what your dealer is willing to do, but out here, that's the price before you start "adding on options"

I think the market has spoken. Axis is a value boat. If they are filling all there build slots year to year, than the public has spoken. If you want a cheap boat cheap, go to another brand.

Bs, I can guarantee you you can keep an axis under 50

A fun, just trying to understand your logic which was out of left field for a boat price thread. Personally I prefer lower taxes.