Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Understanding propellers

needed a spare quick for today called acme monday theyre out of 2315's dam talked to the guy and decided on the 2419 just a bit more cup should be fine as im only at 550-600 above sealevel if its too torquey if thats possible ill get a 2315 when theyre back in stock. 1235 just wasnt enough for my setup

In reading this thread ya'll have me talked into replacing my 3 blade prop to get a better hole shot for skiing. My current prop is I assume the original. The only numbers on it are 13x13 LH and MD1298. My current top end is 41mph but how much of that will I loose? As long as I can do 36 to 38 for barefooting I'm OK. Is a 4 blade 1235 the right prop to go to?

Don't try to put a 4 blade on there. Those are mostly designed for V drives that run a 1.5:1 gear redux. No Malibu direct drives use a gear reduction transmission. Acme 515 or 525 is the way to go for you. You probably have a CVP if it's a Malibu of that vintage, which means your prop is a ticking time bomb.

• Like 1

needed a spare quick for today called acme monday theyre out of 2315's dam talked to the guy and decided on the 2419 just a bit more cup should be fine as im only at 550-600 above sealevel if its too torquey if thats possible ill get a 2315 when theyre back in stock. 1235 just wasnt enough for my setup

There is a 2315 for sale by a BuCrew member. You might check he classifieds here in TheMalibuCrew.