Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Optium marine battery

Wake N Bake

I guess I've been extremely lucky- I have one Interstate and two optimas since boat was new in 2006. Interstate just stopped holding charge yesterday and optimas still seem good.

I guess I've been extremely lucky- I have one Interstate and two optimas since boat was new in 2006. Interstate just stopped holding charge yesterday and optimas still seem good.

The 2 optimas ganged up on that Interstate. :Tease3:

• Like 2

I currently have 2 D31M's in parallel powering my sound system and a D34M as my starting battery. The 31's are going on their 2nd season and the 34 on it's 4th. My sound system contains 4 amps for a total of 2300 watts. I can play my system for 2+ solid hours at medium+ level before the voltage drops below 12.4. I do have an onboard charger that I installed which will charge all three batts to 13.10 volts. I plug it in once I get home. I also have a second alternator (200 Amp) which charges only the 31's. Some might say this is excessive.......but it has worked quite well for me. Another testimony for the Optimas......I have another D34M that was previously in both of my last 2 boats but removed before I sold my Echelon. This battery is currently in my sandrail that is sitting uncovered in my back yard with a blown engine. This battery has not had a charger put on it in over 2 years but still turns the engine over. This battery came in my '88 Ski Centurion that I bought in 2001. My '03 Chevy Trailblazer has had a Red Top Optima in it since 2009. I live in Phoenix Arizona where batteries don't usually last more than about 2 years. Sorry to hear about all the misfortune with these batteries. But I will pay extra for any battery that can last 10+ years. They have served me quite well!