Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Milennia Bluetooth Install

Fman

Have you used it on water yet? Hoping for no noise or static issues with motor running....

I have used it on the water... now. I tried it in the garage after install and with noise bouncing every where did not realize it was not working on both left and right or front rear depend on how rca/s plugged into amp. There is no noise static or other, but still need to work out the left right piece. Used an rca to 3.5 to make sure all other things were working properly and they are. Both sides work when wired directly. I am not sure if the unit is defective (only one side) or my source from the iphone 5 when paired is the problem. Anyone else experience similar issues?

Found the problem with mine. Had a bad connection on the ground side where I attached with crimp and seal. Must have had enough wire to carry some current just not all it needed. I am going to assume that it loosened while riding and that is why it did not notice at first. Apparently crimp did not catch enough wire. Pleased again.

Edited by Parrothead

I just installed mine. Works like a champ. The range isn't great but it works in the boat and the last time I checked I wasn't taking my phone with me surfing so I should be good.

update... I just ran the boat on a fake lake today using bluetooth and no noise issues with motor running. Sound quality is very good.

Sent from the SAMSUNG GS3

This device is great. I attached a lighter plug adapter and 1/8" stereo plug adapter purchased at Radio Shack for a simple plug n play hook up to the factory aux connection in the glove box of my 2012 Ride. Bluetooth sync is simple with "0000" password. Sound is perfect.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3806057

pRS1-6707573w345.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103225

pRS1C-2265718w345.jpg

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_822BTREC/Milennia-MIL-BTREC.html?showAll=N&search=milennia&skipvs=T

x822BTREC-F.jpg

Update on the Millenia BT module, I have been using it on the water with excellent results... sound quality is great and no problems loosing signals or syncing. for $49, imo, a great module and addition to any system.

• Like 2

Thanks for the information on this install. I just added this to my 2011 Wakesetter 23LSV and both the install and performance is as described by the team here. I'm planning on adding a "Y" of male RCA to 2 Female RCAs so I can still use the "AUX" input in the glovebox also. Of course you can only use one at a time, which is not a problem. Has anyone else done this? My thinking is to maintian a wired option for AUX input and still have all of the stock capability.

Thanks for the information on this install. I just added this to my 2011 Wakesetter 23LSV and both the install and performance is as described by the team here. I'm planning on adding a "Y" of male RCA to 2 Female RCAs so I can still use the "AUX" input in the glovebox also. Of course you can only use one at a time, which is not a problem. Has anyone else done this? My thinking is to maintian a wired option for AUX input and still have all of the stock capability.

Using something like this: http://www.amazon.com/electronics/dp/B0007ZBCG4

would be a little more "pro"

• 2 weeks later...

What are you doing if your on the back of the boat hanging out and want to change the song? The transom remote becomes useless...is there a module that would still allow control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you doing if your on the back of the boat hanging out and want to change the song? The transom remote becomes useless...is there a module that would still allow control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The transom remote and walkway remotes are useless if you are using a WS 420 EQ or speed control on AUX. Wish I would have known this before drilling a hole for the remote.

I would also like to know if there is a way to connect this BT module to the EQ and also still have a wired connection 3.5m jack. Sometime I have friends bring ipods or mp3 players that are not BT capable.

Edited by BlitzedVLX

The transom remote and walkway remotes are useless if you are using a WS 420 EQ or speed control on AUX. Wish I would have known this before drilling a hole for the remote.

I would also like to know if there is a way to connect this BT module to the EQ and also still have a wired connection 3.5m jack. Sometime I have friends bring ipods or mp3 players that are not BT capable.

I like the BT option; just not sure I want to give up control like that...although I have no control over Pandora now from the remote as it pauses' the app.

• 1 month later...

crystal, just splice into your EQ's power and ground. Don't overcomplicate it. Cut wire, repair with butt splice, but stick eq AND bt power in the other side.

I finally got around to ordering this and will install it this coming weekend. Just to clarify...should I splice into the power and ground that go directly into the EQ from the battery?

I finally got around to ordering this and will install it this coming weekend. Just to clarify...should I splice into the power and ground that go directly into the EQ from the battery?

yes.

Did you order this through the US?

I got an email saying they can't ship across the border, and I have to order from their Canadian site which does not have this item.

Yes, ordered from the U.S. site and had it shipped to a U.S. address. It's a bit of a hassle as they have to do some verifications with the person to whom you are shipping it in the U.S.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow-up...I installed this a few weeks ago. I will concur with most of the comments...it works well, but the range is somewhat limited. So, the phone needs to stay in the boat when docked.

Update, mine is still performing well. It does seem occasionally the Iphone 5 has difficulty syncing. My Samsung GS3 has never had a problem, maybe my wifes Iphone has a glitch in it?

Have her erase that Bluetooth device and then rediscover and sync, also might want to turn her Bluetooth off and on again. I don't have issue with my 5.

• 6 months later...

Just received my Milennia bluetooth in the mail!

I will be hooking this up to my WS 420 and HSE combo and would like to also have my aux cable still connected in case I want to use an older ipod. Would it be possible to split the connection using rca splitters shown in the link below to allow both the dongle and cable to be plugged to the EQ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290967385716?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

what goes into the aux input on the HSE?

I am actually not really sure... Boat is in storage until April but I do not think I have anything going to the AUX on the HSE. I have all my amps going to the WS420 and it is connected to the HSE. Both have AUX ports so are you thinking I could just get by hooking the BT dongle up to the HSE and my cord to the 420 EQ?