Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need louder

racer808

racer808,

All tower speakers should be in the highpass mode, including a dedicated midbass driver. For the most part the pod displacement will determine the low frequency roll-off and no tower speaker plays all that low. So by narrowing the bandwidth of both amplifier and speaker to what the speaker's natural low frequency limit is, you will have louder, longer projecting, and cleaner sound.

David

Can you tell me that in terms I can understand? I read your previous post, get a bigger amp for the MB8s, was the jist? I am going to order another p900.4 for those. Just the 600.2 bridged for the cabin.

Can you tell me that in terms I can understand? I read your previous post, get a bigger amp for the MB8s, was the jist? I am going to order another p900.4 for those. Just the 600.2 bridged for the cabin.

Okay, both the fullrange tower speakers and the midbass tower speakers should be in the 'highpass', 'HP', (allows the high frequencies to pass) mode....meaning that the lowest bass frequencies are filtered out of all tower speakers by the amplifier crossover settings. Why? Because trying to drive a speaker below its lowest frequency limitations wastes power. So you could run all four 8-inch tower speakers from as low as 90 Hz highpass to as high as 110 Hz highpass. You might get a touch more midbass in the near field only with the lower setting. But, you might get a bit more distance projection with the higher setting.

I would crossover and power the 8-inch midbass and 8-inch HLCD fullrange exactly the same.

David

I'm going to bet that that power difference on the MB8s is going to be imperceptible to "meh" at best. It's not going to be the difference between "can't hear it well at all" and "concert sound."

The internal governor (the Mrs.) is always the biggest issue for me at the end of the rope. I'm sure I could add three more pairs of speakers and 4x the power and it wouldn't be any louder for me at the end of the rope because the captain would say it's too loud in the boat if she turns it up anymore.

Have I mentioned the fae? ;)

FAE? Like rolling up the windows in your car?

I'd say it's more like the difference between driving an AC cobra 60mph under power and 60mph downhill in neutral with the engine switched off. Still plenty of wind noise, but no engine noise.

Totally want the FAE now. My boat is much louder than I thought. But my tower is actually louder than I thought. Had a great evening on glass water & no one there

pretty much every inboard,,,,,but I see your boat if for sale....

Your boat is $440

check out the link http://www.freshairexhaust.us/

AWESOME!!!! Thank you!!!! Total for quick releases, polished, and flappers for my Supra is $640 shipped. A LOT more reasonable then I thought. Probably order this next week.

Edited by 91Sunsetter

I'd say it's more like the difference between driving an AC cobra 60mph under power and 60mph downhill in neutral with the engine switched off. Still plenty of wind noise, but no engine noise.

What if you have the top off on that Cobra.....now what? Do I have to go and buy a Cobra? Do I roll the windows up or down? My girlfriend says Cobra's are gay. I'm sorry to be so rude, but that's what she said. I love music, but I love my girlfriend more. Way more. What to do???

First off cobras have no top on option, always off. No windows either. That's why we got a Shelby GT. A daily driver car, cobra isn't.