Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Go Naked? Or No?

vigwilson

I would love to see an age poll for who likes that tribal logo's and how old they are...

I think the naked look is more timless and classic but maybe I'm just getting old???

I do like the old sun logo on the early 00 and 90's boats.

I'm about 100 beers from 40, so I'm no spring chicken. And I love the look of my I/O in plain red, just can't like the look of the swoosh on the side of the Malibu with nothing it it. Maybe NIKE would fit well....

happy birthday

To me, the boat has a big white banner running through the middle that needs to be filled. I get the removal of antiquated designs like the tribals, but leaving it empty doesn't sit well with me.

Turned 40 Wednesday :-(

I think the links will work now. I am starting to lean towards taking them off... What do you guys think?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3XI7B61wFDLc2lDY2F6MU9TX00/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3XI7B61wFDLLWoxMU5EbXk3Vnc/edit?usp=sharing

I am not a graphic artist, so the shading is not good.

I love it naked...

So what about doing a partial wrap on some of these boats?

My brother did his some time ago. I think the graphic was about $500 at the time. It's unique & everyone knows the boat as being HIS.

Jakebeforeafter.jpg

This is another buddies' boat. While he kept the Malibu logo, he had the dealer remove the tribal stuff early on. It's a bit more subtle. Still unique. Classy even.

JeffsXTI.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 3

I am still diggin my classic Mailbu Sun, But I do need to remove the beat up lettering across the stern and maybe the word sunsetter on the sides at the back. Any suggestions on what to put across the stern or try to replace what's on there

F7CC6AC1-61CE-47BD-B39E-69FC8F14496F-127

2F69FDBA-1D35-4453-9E94-5E641E65C95B-535

I love that! I was thinking about using that on my previous VLX. Photoshop of it looked really good IMO>

My boat now needs the wakesetter logo in the middle. Looks good against the driftwood background!

side.jpg

Edited by bamabonners

I have been debating when the stickers come off. Have the 08 Power Ranger shield. Photoshop a pic of the boat to see what it will look like is a good idea. I really like the naked look, just been reticent.

Apparently even I can't go completely naked (thank gawd!).

New addition to the truck today.... just in case I'm tought to find at these events this summer. :Doh:

20130426_184228_zps72a29735.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I love that! I was thinking about using that on my previous VLX. Photoshop of it looked really good IMO>

My boat now needs the wakesetter logo in the middle. Looks good against the driftwood background!

side.jpg

^ This, Love it, wish I could buy these, but having the swoosh paint job, don't think it will jive... It feels good to be back to the forum after a 3 day hiatus for business law, business software, and microeconomics cram.... What a joy, finally get to uncover my baby tomorrow. Might have time to get some pics up with the new rhino'ed fenders! Board racks and mirror showed up today, just waiting on the bimini.

Edited by vigwilson

Turned 40 Wednesday :-(

I think the links will work now. I am starting to lean towards taking them off... What do you guys think?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3XI7B61wFDLc2lDY2F6MU9TX00/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3XI7B61wFDLLWoxMU5EbXk3Vnc/edit?usp=sharing

I am not a graphic artist, so the shading is not good.

Personally I think your boat looks WAY better with the decals!! I'm not a HUGE fan if naked anyways I just feel the tribal (which I have in spades) is getting dated, but the Wakesetter shield is hardly any different from the new models. I'd keep it I really do think it looks a lot better!!

Edited by TrickyNicky

I'm still on the fence about them, +1 to Tricky though Bosth needs to leave his, I'll get to know them on the water Sunday.

Interior to match

interior.jpg

Edited by vigwilson

:rockon:

Just wait till you see how well it hides dirt and grime

I can already tell, I live on a dirt road! I throw a fit everytime I hit my road, 5 mph with the boat is the rule! Having the drift trailer helps. Btw Dallas Fans United! Ironically that's where I got this boat too!

I am still diggin my classic Mailbu Sun, But I do need to remove the beat up lettering across the stern and maybe the word sunsetter on the sides at the back. Any suggestions on what to put across the stern or try to replace what's on there

F7CC6AC1-61CE-47BD-B39E-69FC8F14496F-127

the classis sun is the best logo, love having it on my boat, if I had the tribal one or the other wakey logos I'd be naked right aawy.