Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Go Naked? Or No?

vigwilson

On the fence about my new to me bu's decal, I like the 06 graphic and would upgrade to them if they weren't 500 a set off Bakes. So should I go naked with it? I think I don't like this graphic because I put these on my 99 sunsetter I had....

image-13.jpg

Edited by vigwilson

^I really like that clean classy look of your boat. But you have a really poppy color "Blue" I think my colors are a little bland, not sure if I would see the same results!

I went naked a couple of years ago and really like the way the Bu' looks without the graphic. There is an 06 with your pattern without graphics on my lake (tan and black I think) very classy, clean look. It is all personal at this point you will find those on the forum that love the graphic and those of us who love the naked look. Try getting a couple of shots of the boat onand off the water then photoshopping the graphic off to get an ideal of what it will look like. I am guessing that your pattern and colors will be classy and clean without the graphic but that is just my opinon.

Let us know what happens.

I went naked a couple of years ago and really like the way the Bu' looks without the graphic. There is an 06 with your pattern without graphics on my lake (tan and black I think) very classy, clean look. It is all personal at this point you will find those on the forum that love the graphic and those of us who love the naked look. Try getting a couple of shots of the boat onand off the water then photoshopping the graphic off to get an ideal of what it will look like. I am guessing that your pattern and colors will be classy and clean without the graphic but that is just my opinon.

Let us know what happens.

Really is what I had in mind, has like that 57 chevy paint job in tan black and white. I'll have a better Idea after this weekend, finaly put this beast in the water!

Took mine off about a week ago. My wife wants to kill me. I told her if she still doesn't like it next year I will put some different ones on. Of course I had the really old decals where the " setter" was in cursive. I never liked that from day one.

Anyway, I think your boat would look nice without them.

I really like the naked look but not sure how that is going to look with your color combo. I would do it and see what it looks like on the water and give it some time for everyone to see. if you do not like the change put it back the way you want it. Just my $.02

CB

I went naked, decals were falling off from when I bought the boat and in bad shape. Replacing them was around $400 each from the dealer and Bakes doesn't sell them anymore. My thought process was that money would be better spent in some new tower speakers.

You have a very nice looking boat and with the decals off it will look very slick.

DSC_0419.jpg

Edited by Rmattajr

Good Call everyone and I prefer my women naked, there coming of today! I rhino lined my fenders too "previous owner" didn't know how to back a trailer or something had to straighten them out, it had too many small dents to paint. Those will be going on today as well.

Thanks Everyone!

Good Call everyone and I prefer my women naked, there coming of today! I rhino lined my fenders too "previous owner" didn't know how to back a trailer or something had to straighten them out, it had too many small dents to paint. Those will be going on today as well.

Thanks Everyone!

When i took mine off i hit them with a heat gun just be careful not to let it get too hot, just warm. there was some difficult sticker glue to get off and i used Goof off. Picked it up from home depot, sprayed a little on a towel and wiped the glue off.

good luck.

When i took mine off i hit them with a heat gun just be careful not to let it get too hot, just warm. there was some difficult sticker glue to get off and i used Goof off. Picked it up from home depot, sprayed a little on a towel and wiped the glue off.

good luck.

Thanks for the tip, that's exactly how I did the last one, just used denatured alcohol for the sticker glue afterwords, come out good. Allways a little scetchy when the product first hits the gel.

Edited by vigwilson