Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rebuild Thread - 1992 Flightcraft

Tropical storm "Windy as Hell" rolled in to Colorado Saturday. Since skiing was out of the question, I broke out the buffer, the diamond cut, and the wax and spent the better part of the day shining the old gelcoat up. Turned out way better than I expected, but will still need some wetsanding this winter to really shine her up.

post-3889-0-09981500-1370272475_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

We are also working on a flightcraft project. Working on the stringers at the moment. I have a question about your carpet pad in the back. How did you bind the outside? Did you have someone do it for you?

• 2 weeks later...

We are also working on a flightcraft project. Working on the stringers at the moment. I have a question about your carpet pad in the back. How did you bind the outside? Did you have someone do it for you?

I took it to a carpet store and had them do it for me. They actually used an outside service. The cost was $2.00 per lineal foot and they matched the binding to the carpet color.

I never actually put in snaps for the removable carpet piece in the back. Even though it mostly stayed in place, I decided I wanted something a bit heavier. So I bought one of those rubber mats with carpet on the top that matched the carpet in the boat. I bought a 4x6 mat and trimmed the outside edges against the hull to fit. The 4' dimension is perfect from the pylon to the back panet so didn't have to mess with the factory edge. It stays in place well and looks great.

Good luck with your re-build!

• 10 years later...
Okinwake

Hey Cofooter,

Not sure if you are still on the forum. I have a 1992 Flightcraft and might have to go to the extent you have. In the meantime my captains chair has completely disintegrated. I can’t use it as a template. I was wondering if you had any tips.

Thanks!