Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just finished my stereo/wiring install - pictures inside

Nitrousbird

Two screws on the port side of the mount (inside the mount). The one on the top front is just there to keep it flush with the dash. On the outer starboard side where the mounting holes are located it is zip tied to the steering rack.

The mount is super solid and doesn't move a bit, even in the chop.

Thank you much sir. Did you screw the rear or the mount into the board? Did you use a spacer? Or will it be safe to toss two or three screws at the front of the mount?

Awesome setup! I wish my batteries would fit in the same location. Had to put them in the left front corner of the rear port-side locker. My amp board is similar to yours. Wish I could hear your system!

The only thing I see wrong with the battery is, if your not going to have them in a battery box you must have both the positive and negative terminals covered.

Otherwise nice job on the install. I just completed mine and got bored so I started a ballast install.

To have his back......the positive terminals are under shelter and likely out of harms way. If anything contacts the negative terminals it would just be like anything being of metal contacting the engine block. Nothing would happen. But certainly caps wouldn't hurt.

Awesome setup! I wish my batteries would fit in the same location. Had to put them in the left front corner of the rear port-side locker. My amp board is similar to yours. Wish I could hear your system!

Why won't your batteries fit there? Should be the same clearance.

The only thing I see wrong with the battery is, if your not going to have them in a battery box you must have both the positive and negative terminals covered.

Otherwise nice job on the install. I just completed mine and got bored so I started a ballast install.

Please explain why the negative terminals need covered. If they needed covered, so would the factory helm ground bus, the entire engine, or anything else that is grounded. The positive terminals are fully covered (and covered by the seat base as well). You can sit anything you want, metal or otherwise, on the negative terminals. Go open the hood of your vehicle...most likely an exposed negative terminal and covered positive terminal.

Thank you much sir. Did you screw the rear or the mount into the board? Did you use a spacer? Or will it be safe to toss two or three screws at the front of the mount?

I did not screw the rear. No spacer. Just two screws (maybe 1/2" screws...whatever I had on hand that looked right) going through the side of the mount into the port side support/hall divider. It's a pretty simple install.

Nitrous I have two Optima D31Ms powering my sound system. They are a bit taller and will not fir under that shelf like yours.

Nitrous I have two Optima D31Ms powering my sound system. They are a bit taller and will not fir under that shelf like yours.

Yeah, you need a short battery like a 34M. There are a few other sized AGM's that will fit on their side. I didn't go that route due to cost (got a good price on the Deka's) and the batteries would take up a lot more space under the observer seat on their side.

Hi,

how do you fix the Amp-Board at the side of the hull? Srews direct into the hull?

Screws into the hull = holes through the side of your boat. Cut square patches in the carpet the epoxy on mounting blocks. Front there you screw the amp board onto the mounting blocks.

Please explain why the negative terminals need covered. If they needed covered, so would the factory helm ground bus, the entire engine, or anything else that is grounded. The positive terminals are fully covered (and covered by the seat base as well). You can sit anything you want, metal or otherwise, on the negative terminals. Go open the hood of your vehicle...most likely an exposed negative terminal and covered positive terminal.

Its a law by the Department of Natural Resources. I've never been checked but my guess is most people don't know its a law.

Its a law by the Department of Natural Resources. I've never been checked but my guess is most people don't know its a law.

DNR is state-by-state. I did a quick Google on the ODNR for anything battery related and only saw stuff in regards to disposal. I did find some discussion about the rule with the WDNR.

My boat was inspected last year by the ODNR last year and by a certified Coast Guard inspector this year - neither checked my battery.

• 2 weeks later...