Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Savers

This cannot be that hard. All it should take would be to have the carpeting, get it cut to the correct pattern & then have it bound. If you can get the carpet (which you can get through your dealer), then the rest can be done locally.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffmx

• RaceBizz

• whiteVLX

• D-GOOSE

This cannot be that hard.  All it should take would be to have the carpeting, get it cut to the correct pattern & then have it bound.  If you can get the carpet (which you can get through your dealer), then the rest can be done locally.

You are right, its not that difficult.. Its just that R&R Textiles miss led us into thinking that they would sell to the public. :) A slight hicup..

I am in the process of making the template, and have a call in to get the carpet.

• 4 weeks later...

A little update...

I made the template out of construction paper, ordered the carpet from the factory, and then just took it to a local upolstery shop yesterday.

I will post some pictures when I install the finished product.

I get to pick up the carpet tomorrow... :)

only cost me about $ 420.00 in material, and 2 nights labor.Somebody better spill on it this weekend to make it worth it...

I just previewed my 05 Response LXi at the dealer.  Wow, that 40 oz carpet is really plush.  I sure would like to have at least a mat for under the drivers feet since there is not a rubber floor like was on my RLX.

I never really understood why they took the rubber mat away other than for aesthetics.