Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu New zealand wont help...

phataz5

nah the nautique dealer is keen to try and sell it for me , he said he just wants to put me in a nautique boat and the more of them around the better for the nautique brand......i am in two minds tho as i do love my little malibu response and it has always been a dream of mine to own one since the day i saw a malibu.

martinarcher

I understand that has to be a huge pain, but I would bet switching to a Nautique would still be more expensive to feed parts locally from a dealer than to order parts from the US and have them shipped for your Bu.

$20 shipping from Bakes to NZ.....that is amazing. That's as good or better than the shipping I've seen on their website to my door! I would order from them all the time, but the shipping is usually as much or more than the item for small parts around $20.

I understand that has to be a huge pain, but I would bet switching to a Nautique would still be more expensive to feed parts locally from a dealer than to order parts from the US and have them shipped for your Bu.

$20 shipping from Bakes to NZ.....that is amazing. That's as good or better than the shipping I've seen on their website to my door! I would order from them all the time, but the shipping is usually as much or more than the item for small parts around $20.

+1

sorry i got the shipping wrong that was to ship to a friend who was in LA and he bought them back for me , last time i checked for shipping was a decal from bakes which was the word response x2 which cost $8us each but the shipping was $80us, but on the up side nautique just got me a fuel sender that will fit my malibu $67nz which is about $56us fully stoked ,just gave them the ohms which was 240 empty and 33 full.

• Like 1

if im not mistaking i believe malibu hear in usa is different then malibu over seas.. of course same companys own both.. but as far as calling the TN plant and raising cane i dont know if it would matter or not.. Jack Springer might have some say if you do call the TN plant..

• 2 weeks later...

Heard from the of the boys today that his mate just bought a wakesetter and he to needs some parts for it rang malibu NZ and they said no and they are working at stopping malibu usa from letting parts come here, so I just had words with my wife and az much az we love our malibu and with all the hard work we have done to it and to get it we are going to drop it off to nautique to sell for us ,sad az this is one malibu fan gutted.

phataz5

In response to your post,

All parts ordered for any Malibu boat in Aust/NZ must be supplied with a HIN number, Malibu boats Aust will only supply parts to the boats that they have built. Your dealer there is the brand reprensitive for that region and report to Malibu boats Aust.

Malibu and Axis boats produced in Australia have numerous specification differences compared to their US counterparts. These imports can lead to customer confusion and dissatisfaction, thereby diminishing the Malibu brands.

It is widely advertised in both countries regarding parts and service support.

255425621.jpg

phataz5

All parts ordered for any Malibu boat in Aust/NZ must be supplied with a HIN number, Malibu boats Aust will only supply parts to the boats that they have built. Your dealer there is the brand reprensitive for that region and report to Malibu boats Aust.

Malibu and Axis boats produced in Australia have numerous specification differences compared to their US counterparts. These imports can lead to customer confusion and dissatisfaction, thereby diminishing the Malibu brands.

255425621.jpg

Sounds like a lot of corporate BS. Is Malibu HONESTLY trying to argue that the parts for their Aus boat need to be made to a different standard to what.....enviornmental conditions? Well if that is true, the enviornment in here in Michigan is quite a bit different than those utilizing their boats on the west coast and those using their boats in Arizona. That arguement is full of you know what! Corporate BS that is coming down on the consumer.

As a side note, my CC dealer shipped my LXI to Aus in a box due to the high demand there. The difference between my dealer and the duche in NZ, is my guy will bend over backward to ANY customer, including selling a Bu or two off his lot.

With regards to fuel senders, I had decent success with a sender from Livorsi Marine that I put in my LXI.

Edited by skistud1

phataz5

I'm sorry but I do find the above paragraph laughable. There is only one reason that Malibu won't support these boats and that is to try and stop people buying boats from overseas and forcing them to buy locally, no other reason. Everyone knows that and to try and blur the issue with statements such as "specification differences" is really insulting everybodys' intelligence. If these "specification differences" really do exist any Malibu dealer worth their salt would understand them and be able to advise customers appropriately.

255425621.jpg

Edited by Timmo

i hear what most peeps are saying .......bs.we must have sheep and kangaroo parts in nz and auss boats lol now i see ; 0...what do you usa boats have?

All this over a fuel level sender? Can't you order a Teleflex Universal sender from West Marine or something? Does Teleflex have a retailer near you? That's all you need. The sender Malibu supplies is not near as accurate as a properly calibrated Teleflex sender.

Looks like fron your earlier posts you have bought from Bakes....they won' sell you a fuel sender (Teleflex or otherwise)?

If I am missing something in this thread, I apologize....

Edited by RTS

all good i have one now , no teleflex here in little old nz,, rts its to do with any parts could be a sender ,engine parts , anyways im over this now i was a malibu man but supersport is looking like the way to go .........

RTS , i am proud of my little response and think if i can make it more mint than it is now i would do this slowly by buying things here and there and i do like to use original parts ie turndown tips,wedge getting a shine,plateform backets recoated,full sand and buff of gelcoat,and lots more. but i do think its time to move on .

You can be absolutely 100% sure it's all about money. It's probable that there's a different ownership structure between the Aus Malibu folks and the US. In other words, one group isn't going to absorb the warranty costs of the other.

All that talk about different standards and such is just a bunch of bulls***e. It's about money, and who bears the cost of warranty claims.

Beware of the corporate type who cites policy language and confusingly complex reasoning. That's crap. It's always, always, always about money.

Ok, time to buy in to this debate. I bought my 2012 VTX in April last year (happy birthday to her!). When I was looking at my options, I considered importing one from the States - given the Aussie dollar is better than parity it was tempting... Until I looked at the bigger picture of support, warranty and resale. So I opted to by a genuine boat built here is Australia that had full factory warranty. Personally I would be surprised if anyone who did purchase directly from Malibu would be happy to see their resale value decline sharply due to a flood of "grey imports". I did have a few minor issues first up (eg wedge actuator failing, and a gearbox issue) - and the support from my dealer and Malibu Australia was superb! I am not sure what the set up is with Malibu Australia (eg franchise model or what) but I suspect they pay for the privilege of "owning the right" to sell the boats here. All they are doing is protecting that right, so they can continue to do the right thing by their customers that DO buy off them. I know I am swimming against the tide, but that's just my 2 cents :)

I would agree with the abovnstatement to an extent, but when you are the only dealer, you have an unfair advantage. How hard is it to sell a part to a customer? Especially if they are going to do the work themselves?