Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windshield tinting

my malibu

You need to get our guy up to Wa and have them pay for his hotel and get a few guys installed up there!! 2010 Wakesetter, T2.jpg T4.jpg MalibuCalender.jpg

Edited by Wakesetter67

man those pics hurt.

6th guy to try to tint mine and he failed also.

I guess it can't be tinted.

Acutint was the last to fail and the tint guy has done several other boats.

:(\

WHAT????

My malibu, what year and model do you have? Im guessing that if you're having this much trouble it's the older 06-08 style. I'm still shocked that accutint couldnt do it fit you though. <br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I have an 06 vlx.

Yes I was disappointed acutint was unable to tint it.

I guess my window is special. It has a compound curve at the top of the window right where the new ones have the metal trim. This is the area that causes the problem.

You need to get our guy up to Wa and have them pay for his hotel and get a few guys installed up there!! 2010 Wakesetter, T2.jpg T4.jpg MalibuCalender.jpg

Looks good. Can you send the tint guys info to me so that I can send he some pics. The problem area is where the metal trim is located on yours. Maybe I should switch to a newer windshield.

Could they do it a couple pieces (ie 1 seam). I've heard the seam is not really noticeable from the outside...<br />I'm worried cause I want 7 bride tinted (in 2 wks)..

Could they do it a couple pieces (ie 1 seam). I've heard the seam is not really noticeable from the outside...<br />I'm worried cause I want 7 bride tinted (in 2 wks)..

yes two piece was an option but looking thru the line while driving would drive me nuts .

Must of the tinting guys will not two piece it because of the looks.

I have had a few boats done and it seams like 20% is the magic number, I have seen limo tint before and to me kinda cheapens the boat, 20% is effective and classy looking,

• Like 3