Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 23 for 2014?!?!

huskey87

Don't know how it is with other dealers, but at wizard your deposit is fully refundable - so u can walk at any time up to delivery of the new boat to the buyer. At least that's what it was like for me.

I don't think Cory is disagreeing with that. What he is saying is good luck getting your deposit refunded if the dealer goes out of business before you take delivery.

Anyone know when the configurator will be updated? Its kind of ridiculous that it is taking this long. You would think they would have it ready to be updated by the release of the boat...

Just got done climbing around in one and I have to say many of the things I worried about actually are pretty nice. Helm looks better than the VTX, becasue it's more spread out, still not great but better, glove box looks way better in person. I love the interior

ahopkins22LSV

Just got done climbing around in one and I have to say many of the things I worried about actually are pretty nice. Helm looks better than the VTX, becasue it's more spread out, still not great but better, glove box looks way better in person. I love the interior

I literally just got home from our dealer who got one in and the boat is awesome. The arm rests and flip up seats are extremely sturdy and comfortable. I would not worry about longevity if I was buying this boat at all. Also the new gel coat scheme looks soooooooo much better in person. The gel coat has the same lines as the colors and every time I stood at a different angle I noticed a new line and liked it even better. I liked the new dash in the vtx so I already liked that. And the stratosphere blue looks amazing.

I might get to go out on it shortly to surf, if I do I will report back.

I liked the raised part of the surf tabs under the metal decal. We are demoing it next week. Really excited, since it has the LS3 we want. Going to throw some weight at her and see what happens

I liked the raised part of the surf tabs under the metal decal. We are demoing it next week. Really excited, since it has the LS3 we want. Going to throw some weight at her and see what happens

Make sure you let us know how the demo with the ls3 goes!

ahopkins22LSV

Yes the surf gate tabs looked very good. The one my dealer has in it has the 409. I will also report back on that with what prop we had if I get to go out on it. I helped them out 550 plug n plays in the rear lockers too.

Also let me know what prop the boat has on it.

• 1 month later...

Just got back form the factory tour and I must say that I can't wait for spring. There where lots of 23 LSV's coming through production. This boat is going to be the one to get. I'm getting the 450 in mine just because of the closed cooling system so I don't have to worry about draining the heater, and of course the extra torque when I need it. The 23 is going to be a great boat built tough, finally using the extra room under the floor. Get ready for a whole new line up of engines. They talked about going with a 5.3 direct ejection that will replace the 5.7 soon. The 409 is gone. They are busting at the seams in that facility but are going to raise daily production totals next year.

JK

Just got back form the factory tour and I must say that I can't wait for spring. There where lots of 23 LSV's coming through production. This boat is going to be the one to get. I'm getting the 450 in mine just because of the closed cooling system so I don't have to worry about draining the heater, and of course the extra torque when I need it. The 23 is going to be a great boat built tough, finally using the extra room under the floor. Get ready for a whole new line up of engines. They talked about going with a 5.3 direct ejection that will replace the 5.7 soon. The 409 is gone. They are busting at the seams in that facility but are going to raise daily production totals next year.

JK

All GM based blocks, sourced through Marine Power, I would guess?

JK

I'd like to hear more about this closed cooling system on the LS3

I'd like to hear more about this closed cooling system on the LS3

Right.... IIRC, I thought we'd established that all indmar motors, including the LSA even (not sure about this year's marine power version), are raw water cooled unless you pay for the "salt series" closed cooling.

Right.... IIRC, I thought we'd established that all indmar motors, including the LSA even (not sure about this year's marine power version), are raw water cooled unless you pay for the "salt series" closed cooling.

Indmar, yes, Marine Power, no. The Marine Power LS3 is closed cooled and is standard on that engine.

JK

So it will be a 5.3, 6.2 LS3, and the 6.2 LSA? I know the new 5.3 is supposed to be much improved over last year, and the direct injection will help. I wonder what the specs on it will be.

I thoought it was the LS3...might look a lot like the LSA due to the manifolds though bc they're huge

You are correct. Marine power is supplying the ls3 this year. Indmar is still supplying the LSA.