Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 23 for 2014?!?!

huskey87

Looks like they added flip down arm rests and a flip up cushion in the bow for an anchor? Liking it so far. Those colors are really similar to my current boat....wonder how long it would take the wife to notice if I upgraded.....:)

Looks like they added flip down arm rests and a flip up cushion in the bow for an anchor? Liking it so far. Those colors are really similar to my current boat....wonder how long it would take the wife to notice if I upgraded..... :)

The arm rests look a little like an after thought IMO, luckily they fold up and away.

Nice looking boat. I'm not surprised that our first pictures of the new model are like this instead of a malibu press release. They always seem to wait too long. Anyway, it's a nice looking boat. I wonder if the garage clearance has increased. This will be one of the defining issues whether or not we purchase a 2015 or 2016 VLX, since our 2013 VLX only has .5" to spare when backing into our garage.

Regardless of model year, the boat in those pix is just nasty. A horrible mistake. A hot mess. Like there were too many color/flake/gel pattern buttons available to push. Did I really see black vinyl where your bare back goes? In Texas? Sadly, someone is going to see that boat and think it's the hot lick. 2014 comments......flip up seats are kinda cool....use them if you like them, don't if you don't. Arm rests? Really? On the other hand, why not? They are at least as useful as the surf seats. No teak platform, especially with surf gate, will not be popular with the hydrofoil crowd. Some riders, especially beginners, need to strap in while on the platform. Not happening with the 2014. I have had three new 23 LSV's, but I won't be buying this one. I can say that with confidence without even knowing the price.......which I'm sure will make the arm rests seem down right sensible.

Oh my! ........... What cool arm rests.

FAIL.

What was all the hype about? A flip up seat and some xstar arm rests? Have I been punked?

wasn't all that assumed and the hype just about the new bottom hull anyway? cause all the hype was on a new "wet surface"

I agree with the press release being bland. I see a few problems with Malibu PR and Marketing. The first pic should have been a completely tricked out LSV with trailer. Look at the positive side regarding this boat. Most that purchased previous model years with the exception of SG, have themselves the same boat. I always worry about model year-end stuff and purchasing old technology. This solidifies the purchase of my 2013 VLX. How much for the arm rest, lol...

Edited by Afun

Love the. Colors ,love the. New graphics , rear facing seats great ,arm rest great ,new dash and steering wheel great ..deeper storage great , new windscreen ,better salt resistant package faster surf gate changes ...love it ! And from the pictures that boat has a sick wake and amazing surf wake !

Love the. Colors ,love the. New graphics , rear facing seats great ,arm rest great ,new dash and steering wheel great ..deeper storage great , new windscreen ,better salt resistant package faster surf gate changes ...love it ! And from the pictures that boat has a sick wake and amazing surf wake !

I agree with most of what you said except the graphic. I also consider the windshield a downgrade from previous models. I am sure this will throw a sick wake and wave. Super nice gel coat. I wonder if it will get into Mastercraft and Nautique prices.

I'm willing to bet waterski America received a phone call from Malibu for putting up those pictures. Malibu and Jacks FB page had to be updated once they saw the pictures were up. They probably had a big unveiling planned for surf expo, then the dealer somewhat upstaged them.

Of course this is just my guess.

Edited by wakebrdr94