Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 23 for 2014?!?!

huskey87

I for one wouldn't mind them changing materials on the racks. they look like poop in 6 months where I am anyway.

Me likey powdercoated racks. I have had these done on both my last two boats and I will NEVER have polished parts in this type of enviroment. The extra 200 or so bucks to have them done is well worth the cash if you ask me.

• Like 2

I thought the VLX was the traditional volume leader and was taken over in the past couple years by the LSV. It wouldn't surprise me if LSV sales numbers dropped this year once people got word that a new model was coming. If the VLX was going to be new in 2014 and I heard about it before my order was placed during the boat show, I would have held onto my '08 Vride for one more year. I'm pretty sure I knew the LSV was getting a makeover for 2014 by January. I know I knew by April when I took my factory tour cause I asked them about it (didn't get much info though).

Malibu has also fragmented their market in the last few years by adding all the MXZ boats. I'm sure the MXZ has stolen sales that would have otherwise gone to the LSV, VLX, or VTX. Given their 102" beam and heafty weight, I suspect the LSV lost the most to the MXZ models.

Just my 2 cents--I don't really know anything, but it's fun to type something...

My ears were very open when I heard about the 8% - 14% price increase for the 14's. I thought the 13' VLX with surfgate was a great buy. Changing little things hear and there like logos, dash etc...will get some people in new boats and therefore increase sales.

No new hull ..no new tower... Doesn't sound new to me...I was expecting all new lsv ..

Don't see too many people trading in older lsv just for new dash ..most people dislike ,cover on surf gate they could possibly

Add to older surfgates and MXZ rear facing seat... New wakesetter decal ,new windscreen..

Come on malibu walk around the inside of competitors boats ..the interior on the xstar ,x46 is amazing ..even though they

Have other problems. As boats ..they have interiors and stitching you find on a Bentley ..not a Suzuki ..

The dash ,.why go for vtx dash when all the feedback is it sucks..and still have the same maliview screen from 09 ..

The MXZ was and is amazing ..even though the tower is outdated ..not that's its not a solid tower !

I think the new lsv should have been all new ..but I guess changes happen slowly slowly to keep people trading

In for newer..

Like back in 09 hull changed on vlx and in 10 new tower ..

I am sure new tower is in the works ...

At least I hope new vlx in 2015 rumor means all new ...

New tower? Why change something that looks awesome and is rock solid. I still think the G3 is one of the best looking towers on the market, and it performs just as good.

I crawled around in a G23 the other day... now that boat has some awesome rear facing seating. Was hoping Malibu would follow this year, apparently a flip up cushion is there answer? How can they not think about seating like the G and Xstar?

How about more draft/freeboard on boat? To increase storage... so many possibilities. .

Edited by Fman

No new hull ..no new tower... Doesn't sound new to me...I was expecting all new lsv ..

Don't see too many people trading in older lsv just for new dash ..most people dislike ,cover on surf gate they could possibly

Add to older surfgates and MXZ rear facing seat... New wakesetter decal ,new windscreen..

Come on malibu walk around the inside of competitors boats ..the interior on the xstar ,x46 is amazing ..even though they

Have other problems. As boats ..they have interiors and stitching you find on a Bentley ..not a Suzuki ..

The dash ,.why go for vtx dash when all the feedback is it sucks..and still have the same maliview screen from 09 ..

The MXZ was and is amazing ..even though the tower is outdated ..not that's its not a solid tower !

I think the new lsv should have been all new ..but I guess changes happen slowly slowly to keep people trading

In for newer..

Like back in 09 hull changed on vlx and in 10 new tower ..

I am sure new tower is in the works ...

At least I hope new vlx in 2015 rumor means all new ...

I disagree about the tower. The g3 tower is excellent. Only thing I would change on the tower is the knobs. Maybe some other type of quick release system that can't be dropped in the lake.

You hit the nail on the head for me. I looked at competitors and found that the Malibu needed some updating inside. Malibu has a great wake and surfgate is great, but interior features need updating. In my opinion, Malibu needs more seating options, hard side cooler, step down option from the transom into the cockpit, dump the fosgate system, more creative storage (keep the hard floors in storage though).

I'm pretty confident there are only 2 23 molds, like most models. When factory at full tilt, its really hard to have any degree of seperation anyway. The point isn't that its never been teh best seller, point is which way is it headed. Given more than 70 23s for sale JUST on boattrader, I'd offer its been a slow year for 23s. But what do I know, I'm just an internet guy.

if we believe all boats listed on Boattrader are actually still available - we don't know how dealers advertise/utilize boattrader....

I disagree about the tower. The g3 tower is excellent. Only thing I would change on the tower is the knobs. Maybe some other type of quick release system that can't be dropped in the lake.

You hit the nail on the head for me. I looked at competitors and found that the Malibu needed some updating inside. Malibu has a great wake and surfgate is great, but interior features need updating. In my opinion, Malibu needs more seating options, hard side cooler, step down option from the transom into the cockpit, dump the fosgate system, more creative storage (keep the hard floors in storage though).

Good call on the knobs, yes a quick release system like Nautique or Supra is using would be an upgrade from the knob.

Hard side cooler was the first thing I removed from my boat, really don't want one in or around it. As far as rear facing seats, if they are so popular why did CC remove them from the 210 and 230?

836b6983-917e-4e35-a06b-72f583fe5773_zps

It appeals to me, I think we would use it quite a bit. Possibly they removed it to make the G series look more appealing to a buyer looking at both boats???

Malibu should take storage lessons from Nautique, that G23 has insane storage. My son crawled in the passenger side helm under the glove box. Pretty amazing...very well thought out boat.

Hard side cooler was the first thing I removed from my boat, really don't want one in or around it. As far as rear facing seats, if they are so popular why did CC remove them from the 210 and 230?

836b6983-917e-4e35-a06b-72f583fe5773_zps

Seems like the gas struts would get in the way of the handles on the cooler. Is that a problem or do you not know since you don't really use it?

I agree I love the g23 storage and cooler placement, but a lot of that is because its an insanely huge boat.

No joke, it was on the trailer and I bet the window frame was close to 8'... insane.

Canvas prices have skyrocketed since the G series debuted. Word is there has been a shortage on sails also. I couldn't put the cover on that boat if it was on the trailer. I cant reach the rub rail.

If I hit the lottery its on order... my wife would kill me... $130k! Thats a lot of bucks... But it sure is a sweet ride!

Ya, and it's not just $130k. Try more like $200k cause I'd have upgrade to a F250 to pull it, beef up my new lift, and widen my garage door. Think I'll stick with my diminutive VLX... It's amazing how much boats have changed in 10 years, if a 21.5' by 100" boat is now considered small.

Edited by Cory

If I hit the lottery its on order... my wife would kill me... $130k! Thats a lot of bucks... But it sure is a sweet ride!

Have you seen the Mastercraft 300....the pickle fork Yacht. I think I would buy that if I win the lottery.

Have you seen the Mastercraft 300....the pickle fork Yacht. I think I would buy that if I win the lottery.

There is one of those on my lake - that thing is beautiful on the water! Looks like something from James Bond film....

if we believe all boats listed on Boattrader are actually still available - we don't know how dealers advertise/utilize boattrader....

No we don't, but it is safe to say that all boats listed on boat trader are available though...so...easy assumption there are a lot more than 78 23s available around the country. That's a huge number IMO. That's also 50% more than VLXs and A22s available.