Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 23 for 2014?!?!

huskey87

I know for a fact it's not an all new hull.

what he ^^^^^^^ said....

so Chatt will it be a 23 LSV or a new A24 for 14? I am trying to decide between a 22MXZ or 23LSV with a current slight lean toward the new 23LSV.

For what it's worth, I heard from the local dealer that that the top deck will be changed to a deeper design, much like the MXZ. I personally can't wait to see the 14 LSV.. Also- Not sure if this was covered, but somemone mentioned a Stainless SG in on of the pics of a early 14... I found the lsiting of the boat on only inboards, and it shows it in more detail.. the gate is still gell coat, but it featues a inlaid stainless piece with the SG logo..

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I heard from the local dealer that that the top deck will be changed to a deeper design, much like the MXZ. I personally can't wait to see the 14 LSV.. Also- Not sure if this was covered, but somemone mentioned a Stainless SG in on of the pics of a early 14... I found the lsiting of the boat on only inboards, and it shows it in more detail.. the gate is still gell coat, but it featues a inlaid stainless piece with the SG logo..

Here's an up close shot I took last week of a 2014 model with SG.

photo-18_zps7cfa6119.jpg

Edited by MCObray

Sorry, Even thought I was not asked I'm not going to post pics of a model that has not been released. I'm sure other on here have seen it and if Surf Expo is the release date, that's coming up pretty soon. There were several 23's in process and the 2 most complete in appeared to be waiting on some small parts. I would have liked to have gone next week during the dealer meetings, but we need to go this week since my son starts classes on Monday.

IMG_1074_zpsf883850f.jpg

Sorry, Even thought I was not asked I'm not going to post pics of a model that has not been released. I'm sure other on here have seen it and if Surf Expo is the release date, that's coming up pretty soon. There were several 23's in process and the 2 most complete in appeared to be waiting on some small parts. I would have liked to have gone next week during the dealer meetings, but we need to go this week since my son starts classes on Monday.

IMG_1074_zpsf883850f.jpg

It's nice looking boat, but I actually expected a little more. I've only seen pictures. The details I'm looking for are the cooler, battery placement and some more info on the storage. Should know more next week after the dealer meetings

CJAY, I didn't not crawl around in it, most of the cabin seat cushions were out and walkthrough panels missing, so I can't tell you about those items. The changes in the mold, gel pattern and vinyl patterns are apparent...some new emblems. The freeboard appears deeper, but I don't see how storage would be effected. The boat is the same construction as before, floor liner and seat base build up.

CJAY, I didn't not crawl around in it, most of the cabin seat cushions were out and walkthrough panels missing, so I can't tell you about those items. The changes in the mold, gel pattern and vinyl patterns are apparent...some new emblems. The freeboard appears deeper, but I don't see how storage would be effected. The boat is the same construction as before, floor liner and seat base build up.

Yeah I've seen all that. Just curious if they did some of the things they did with the 24 mxz, like the batteries being under the observer seat, igloo cooler, bow door to dry storage ect ect. I know the pop up cusshions for seat backs are part of it form the pics I saw

Not really, they said from the beginning the wetted surface would be the same, just a some aesthetic changes, deck changes and freeboard

Oh I thought that the speculation was going to a "cap" type construction ala axis and mxz.

Oh I thought that the speculation was going to a "cap" type construction ala axis and mxz.

No, there isn't really a reason two. One piece and two piece each have their pluses and minuses, but one of the big ones for the one piece is noise. The two piece does a better job of noise reduction due to the carpeted bases and the plastic they use to build them. It'd be a negative to change to that IMO

I thought they would move to the mxz construction method also. I'm glad they didn't cause I really like the carpeted sides below the seat cushions. I wonder if garage clearance for this boat (and the 2015 VLX) will change???

Edited by Cory