Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ 24 or G23 Purchase

aoblak

ya that seriously made me laugh. Nice.

Temps will be near 100 here this weekend...and will be spending quite a bit of time on the water. Thinking I could record video of the wave over the transom issue so folks dont think its a huge swamping issue.... its about 1/2 max of a decent bow dunk.

I would be HIGHLY interested in that video ryan if you're willing to fill it and make it happen worst case scenario.

On the G23 ballast it is all sub floor fiberglass tanks, not bags

Yet another crew member that has no idea what he is talking about. its fat sacs in the g23. I know for a fact, Ive seen them.

Yet another crew member that has no idea what he is talking about. its fat sacs in the g23. I know for a fact, Ive seen them

There once was time when you knew minimal about stereo....I can recall some of the posts :)

So go easy on us non knowledgeable nautique folks b/c we own Malibu's....Maybe your knowledge would be well put to use over on planet nautique as well.

Are they like that in the back too ryan? Try not to blame the poster, there is a lot of misinformation on the web. I had heard from what I thought was good authority that the ballast was actually both - hard tanks with bags inside. That being said as long as the bags are hidden and they dont get twisted or anything, I'm fine with it. I don't see any downsides? I mean the tanks are nice because you can have sending units to measure the levels, but the sending units on my bu suck IMO and are so unreliable I never look at the screen anyway, I wait until i hear it overflowing.

Question on the timers. Can we modify how long they run at all? Customize them?

Edited by wakeboarder3780

There once was time when you knew minimal about stereo....I can recall some of the posts :)

So go easy on us non knowledgeable nautique folks b/c we own Malibu's....Maybe your knowledge would be well put to use over on planet nautique as well.

applause.gif

I will agree on the back of the MXZ. I crawled into my rear compartments on the LSV to do winterization this year - I couldn' t imagine getting into the MXZ. I do love the seat on the back though. It just depends on what you are needing I guess.

• Like 1

the only downside I'd see about those huge long bags in the G is the propensity for the water weight to slosh forward. Most of the gravity-fed ballast boats have baffles in the tanks to slow down the slosh factor.

Are they like that in the back too ryan? Try not to blame the poster, there is a lot of misinformation on the web. I had heard from what I thought was good authority that the ballast was actually both - hard tanks with bags inside. That being said as long as the bags are hidden and they dont get twisted or anything, I'm fine with it. I don't see any downsides? I mean the tanks are nice because you can have sending units to measure the levels, but the sending units on my bu suck IMO and are so unreliable I never look at the screen anyway, I wait until i hear it overflowing.

3780- I have not pulled up the floors on mine to take pics, but dealer and everyone else says sacs. I think it'd be unlikely they had them mixed up between pressure sensors and hard tanks with floater level indicators. Im fairly certain it sacs in the back like in the front. the bow sac I was able to see was secured in place so it couldnt twist ot move around.

Not sure on customizing the timers...perhaps pitch that to a Nautique dealer mechanic.

Right on, thanks for the response. Out of curiosity, how the heck does one secure a bag in place? You cant bolt it or bracket it anywhere. Did they like glue it to the floor? LOL. Thanks for all the great info, wish you lived anywhere near me, I'd love to go out in it :(

not 100% sure, I was able to barely reach in there and give it a tug... its def secured somehow as it is empty as you see and it wouldnt come out of position.... perhaps zip ties or something like that, i couldnt see them directly.... they are custom bags so they may have had loops put on them or used existing valve plugs or something to grab on to to secure them.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great info, wish you lived anywhere near me, I'd love to go out in it

Anytime... open invite to TMC folks. out of nowhere things are looking favorable for us here lake wise this summer.... all the surrounding areas, as close as 30 mins away, have been hit hard by drought and many are projected to be No Go by July. Somehow I lucked out, my local lake is like +10 and higher than most folks have seen it and the contributing lakes are better than they have been in years. I want to hit 150hrs on it this summer. 19hrs down... break in service goes this weekend.

Both boats are GREAT, I can attest to this! I had full plans on replacing my 230 team with a G23 last year until I had the oppertunity to look and drive the MXZ 24. I'm not a pro wakeboarder and will never become one, we are a family the enjoys watersports and also spending time on the sand bar. The Malibu fits into our familys style of use on the water much better then the Nautique.

I have personally seen the water rush over the back of the G23 (not a huge deal just suprised me), the G23 is bags under the floors (again not a big deal). We really like the rear seats on the Malibu for the days on the sand bar and could not think how you could enjoy sitting on the back of the G23 because of how high it is from the platform to the deck.

Again they are both great boats but everyone makes a decision on what boat to purchase due to how they are going to use the boat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anytime... open invite to TMC folks.

Where are you located? I'd love to get behind a G23 as I've yet to see one around here...mostly due to the 22' max restriction on the two best boarding waters around here.

Sorry I was wrong. I had just gotten home from crawling around on a G23 and the salesman said it was all fiberglass tanks, I didn't pull the boat apart to look at them and just took him at his word. That was not the first Nautique salesman to tell me they were fiberglass tanks on the G23.

No worries, sorry for the abrupt reply. Right on the heels of the its impossible to have 4 racks issue. Not trying to convince anyone of anything ref the G, but happy to answer questions.

And for the record... Murphy's comment ref bad stereo postings... MB8s first because they were on the classifieds cheap.... THEN find a cheap pair of 60s!!! Not MB8s alone. scout's honor.

gravity fed ballast on the big tanks and a bag in the nose would really be the perfect setup. Surprised they didn't go that way. Even centurion is getting into the pure-vert game.

Dude I've been harping on the gravity fed system for years. I can't understand why the top 3 are so afraid of it. It's the age old debate of "customizable levels at all times" versus "speed of fill". Main problem I've found is no one else agrees that fill times are paramount. Most folks on this site don't even add aftermarket ballast they just run stock. The sock fill times are fast enough that it doesnt matter.

I personally agree and like ballast fed systems for a lot of reasons especially the fill and empty times. Although this guy looks kinda sketchy this system is kind of a neat idea IMO:

Dude I've been harping on the gravity fed system for years. I can't understand why the top 3 are so afraid of it. It's the age old debate of "customizable levels at all times" versus "speed of fill". Main problem I've found is no one else agrees that fill times are paramount. Most folks on this site don't even add aftermarket ballast they just run stock. The sock fill times are fast enough that it doesnt matter.

I personally agree and like ballast fed systems for a lot of reasons especially the fill and empty times. Although this guy looks kinda sketchy this system is kind of a neat idea IMO:

That guy is Mike Murphy he invented the pure-vert ballast system. Nothing sketchy about him; he's a really nice guy and a true thrill seeker. The dude has been living the dream his whole life!

Rear sacs looking at it upside down and toward the bow.

IMG_3890_zps1d4a2d82.jpg

must be my boat.... hope that's not wear on that sac since the boat's brand new. hopefully just pattern of the material but I guess that's why they use sacs - easier to replace something that large under the floor that way....

Edited by jrz1