Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ 24 or G23 Purchase

aoblak

The Nautiques are more expensive but I do think you get an overall better quality boat with a nicer feature set. Is it worth the $$ delta - something each buyer needs to figure out on their own. The MXV's are certainly a step in the right direction for Malibu from a quality/design perspective but still not nearly as solid looking/feeling as the Nautiques (personal view). I've got a G25 on order after having owned a 2011 24LSV. Will be able to give better tangible feedback after a few months of ownership of the G (arrives in April).

I was convinced I was going to buy a G23 until I test drove one next to a 247MXZ. No comparison in how they drove. Malibu hands down. The Malibu drove like a sports car and the G23 was more like a Mastercraft X45. T

The handling is hardly an issue. Are lots of you guys participating in competitions where you have to dock the boat in a tight quarter in 15 seconds or less? Otherwise, I have an entire lake to turn around with, I'm not weaving in and out of busy traffic like I am in a James Bond film. I have driven both, and if I were operating in a large swimming pool, I would choose the Malibu, but otherwise, it is a moot point.

I recently priced out both boats, and was given very similar prices. Unfortunately, the Nautique was not in writing, yet. But I have a Nautique dealer in my town, and the Malibu is 2 hours away, so that is a pretty large factor.

This thread is now 18 months old...Does everyone still think that a Nautique G23 is 20K more than a Malibu MXZ?

And rather than start a new thread, any more ideas on this comparison?

Dealer in Atlanta has or had a 2014 G23 well optioned with the 450 and a few hours on it for $109K. Ealier in the year this was boat in the mid $120s. I think it is always going to be safe to say that Nautique will always be more expensive than Malibu. I do think that Nautiques depreciate slower and have become well know for top quality fit and finish.

I believe that Darside priced a G23 recently and he has a 24MXZ so he may be able to elaborate price differentials best.

The handling is hardly an issue. Are lots of you guys participating in competitions where you have to dock the boat in a tight quarter in 15 seconds or less? Otherwise, I have an entire lake to turn around with, I'm not weaving in and out of busy traffic like I am in a James Bond film. I have driven both, and if I were operating in a large swimming pool, I would choose the Malibu, but otherwise, it is a moot point.

I recently priced out both boats, and was given very similar prices. Unfortunately, the Nautique was not in writing, yet. But I have a Nautique dealer in my town, and the Malibu is 2 hours away, so that is a pretty large factor.

This thread is now 18 months old...Does everyone still think that a Nautique G23 is 20K more than a Malibu MXZ?

And rather than start a new thread, any more ideas on this comparison?

Having gone from a vride (GREAT handling) to the MB WB 23 (pig on the water) handling is one of those things you will tell yourself doesn't matter and it chips away at you a little bit every day until it's one of the most irritating things about the boat.

Just the turning radius to pick up a downed rider on a deserted lake can get downright annoying sometimes.

• Like 1

Put together a list of features that are important to you and assign points to each category. Then go out and look at several makes and models and test drive. There are so many great options out there. Have fun with it and feel free to throw up a new thread as the search begins.

Edited by JoeA

Where i am the G23 is about 15~20k more than the 24 MXZ. I personally love the G23 but they do not have enough head room for me. In AZ the bimini needs to be used most outings. This was a deal breaker for me. The G's carry a big premium here, as a result i don't think they seek many of them. Same dealer sells MC and pushed that brand. MC and BU same price here.

Where i am the G23 is about 15~20k more than the 24 MXZ. I personally love the G23 but they do not have enough head room for me. In AZ the bimini needs to be used most outings. This was a deal breaker for me. The G's carry a big premium here, as a result i don't think they seek many of them. Same dealer sells MC and pushed that brand. MC and BU same price here.

I am going to assume that you are referring the Z5 bimin? Teh stock bimini is wel suited for people over 6' tall.

The tower and back of the bimini are tall enough for a 6'3-6'4" dude...at the low center point, Vinyl padding on the rope caddy by the tow point.

The front edge of the bimini just forward of the windshield is exactly 6'0". The entire area underneath the bimini is good for 6'3"+.

Yep. At my dealer who sells both brands, the G23 is absolutely $20K more (actual purchase price) than a 24 MXZ with similar options and engine.

I was hitting my head on the stock bimini.

The tower and back of the bimini are tall enough for a 6'3-6'4" dude...at the low center point, Vinyl padding on the rope caddy by the tow point.

The front edge of the bimini just forward of the windshield is exactly 6'0". The entire area underneath the bimini is good for 6'3"+.

Having been in one and being even more height sensitive than most folks, the bimini is a strong selling point for this boat. Easy to set up, and super strong. It is also plenty big and tall enough for me to feel comfortable. I have to bend down, but not stoop over like other boats. The new Malibu bimini is also pretty decent, but regardless of what they say, I cringe every time I see one fully deployed rolling down the freeway.

Looks like a pretty nice G listed in the classifieds .......

Is it nice? ... Its pretty hard to tell from just the picture of the storage area :Tease3:

Edited by Raimie

No story on it , we purchased the boat out of CA from the original owner who paid cash for it ..... He just never used it and bought another new one this year. We where able to purchase it from him a couple weeks ago and it delivered early this week. Boats spotless still under warranty which we paid for to have transferred . I believe he paid over 140k so it should be pretty interesting to someone G shopping with options and price with those hours and condition. Looking at OnlyInboards it's the cheapest best optioned one on the market.

If it was only on a triple axle . Deal breaker for me.

Triples are know for there great turning .... I would still love to rock one !! I had a couple buddies trying to talk me into one on my SE just couldn't do it.

Just wait till you tow a 25 ft boat with a long bed, crew cab truck. The differnce in turning raduis means NOTHING in that situation. I just want the extra wheels and tires so when I curb the s*** out of them , I can just keep on rollin. Look at the front two as sacrificial.

• Like 2

A local Owner told me he spent 2 weeks in FL on a g23. He said you run either full or empty ballast, reason being is partially full sloshes the water back and fort drives terrible in this configuration.

In general he said drivability was not as good on the G harder to steer.

Im just passing on what I heard an expert in boats comment on.