Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I need help deciding which boat?

Ottomatic

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a nice video of Doum Lagace and Tommy Czeschin rocking it on a G23 and a 230. The G23 is the one with red.

I surfed behind the 22 and 24 MXZ with surfgate. I surfed behind Tige Z3 (pre convex VX) and the G23 (pre NSS). I am trading in my 22 MXZ for a G23. For me the price of the 24 MXZ and the G23 were about the same. My dealer sells Malibu and nautique.

I surf surf style and I did not like the surfgate wave. It was big and had push but no lip. We put weight in different spots and I was just not happy. I would like to see the 24 MXZ listed to one side but we did not have time for that. The Tige Z3 wave was not great either. I think it was a bad day for the dealer. He did not have an extra sac for a goofy wave and we could not dial it in. I know that Tige can put out some awesome waves just go to wake9.com for nice pics and vids. I did not like the Tige chair either. Too high. Never been behind Centurion.

The G23 wave was nice. It was tall and steep. It had a nice lip. It could have been longer but we did not have any weight in the front. I am not so sure about the NSS. I think the listed wave on the G23 looks better. I added it to my boat and in the end I may end up using it for beginners and big groups and then listing the boat when I surf. It will defiantly take time dialing it in. I also like wakebaording and the G23 wake is awesome. The interior of the G23 is awesome. Very functional seating, solid hinges,teak deck flooring and lots of storage. I wish it had blue tooth and the bu's do look sexier, but I don't care what the boat looks like so much. More so about the wave behind.

My 2 bits. Hope it helps.