Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Fully Loaded" Malibu

Nitrousbird

This has to be silliest thread I've read on TMC.

Yes it is, but it's also the middle of winter and we are all going crazy.

What winter?? Water is 68 degrees and its been constant 78-84 degrees besides today. Today im wearin layers and its 55 out lol. So yeah I guess its winter

Agreed. I believe our local dealer will state fully loaded if it has every option except motor upgrade as typically most boats do not have a motor upgrade.

This form is funny, kinda reminds me of some of the stereo wars that happened a year back. I think its time we all head to the pub and grab a beer and argue over which girl is hotter instead of which motor is better.

+1. Tell me where to meet!

What winter?? Water is 68 degrees and its been constant 78-84 degrees besides today. Today im wearin layers and its 55 out lol. So yeah I guess its winter

You should be officially banned from TMC or forced to moved to Alberta, Canada!!! :bash:

• Like 1

What a week attempt!!!!!!

- I have not attempted this for a week.

I think the fact that you havent attempted this for a week says it all. Maybe you should go for a record 2 weeks next time. :thumbup:

That sound you just heard was Nitrous' jab at Murphy's choice of words going right over your head.

• Like 2

FWIW 90% of the guys buying these boats new see a brand "new" motor in the engine compartment and don't think twice about it. The new monsoons look flashy with all the pretty plastic covers and most buyers don't know its 20 yr old technology. All they know is that it pulls like a tug boat and runs forever. The monsoon is a perfect motor for tow boats and until they built something better at the same price its a no brainer for boat builders to use them. who know the next big thing could be diesels but regardless of how perfect they would be for a tow boat i think it will take a long time before the boat buying public embraces them. I once saw the torque curves for the Monsoon, LS1 and 6.0 and after seeing that you can see why the monsoon is so popular. Anyway, my boat is not "fully Loaded" but it works for me! I really cant wait for summer!! :)

You should be officially banned from TMC or forced to moved to Alberta, Canada!!! :bash:

:lol: Glad I'm not the only one that through that was a low blow. :lol:

Oh dont worry guys...I dont go in the water when its below 72 degrees or below 75 air temps. So I take a few weeks off of riding:)

Oh dont worry guys...I dont go in the water when its below 72 degrees or below 75 air temps. So I take a few weeks off of riding:)

Does anyone know how to report Huelsmma to the mods? Please forward me all info!

I'm pretty sure we can get his Malibu license revoked with the quote above! :cheers:

I would say that the motor fits into the term 'top of the line' and would be somewhat independent of 'fully loaded'. Top of the line, typically implies the highest trim level which 'usually' includes the highest value motor option. Fully loaded would be the features for that model or trim level.

Ie, i can buy a fully loaded GMC Yukon (SLT?) with all of the options. But that is not the 'Top of the line'....that would be the Yukon Denali, which you can buy without some options (Nav/Sunroof/B-up Camera, etc).

But i dont think i have ever heard someone refer to a 'top of the line VLX' when referring to boats. so maybe it is a mute point.

(and no, top of the line does not mean that it is the best model that the company produces...that would be 'flagship model' :))

I can't believe you guys are actually nit picking the word "loaded."

I'd stop looking at this thread, but every time I come back to the forum it's all that's changed.

Will somebody please order a new Wakesetter and start a thread about their options? Maybe post some build pics. Anything to make this stupid thread disapear off the front page.

Edited by IXFE

Will somebody please order a new Wakesetter and start a thread about their options? Maybe post some build pics. Anything to make this stupid thread disapear off the front page.

I think YOU are going to have to take the bull by the horns on that one.

I can't believe you guys are actually nit picking the word "loaded."

I'd stop looking at this thread, but every time I come back to the forum it's all that's changed.

No man, I like this thread. It has great entertainment value!

:partytime:

My boat only has the "standard equipment" as offered in '97 (for the 125 they made), so I guess it's not fully loaded...

I think I'll get "loaded" this weekend...

(Man, it's gonna be a long winter)

What if I buy an expensive suv and has every option on it but there were 4 options of wheel packages. And I pick combo 3. Does it still mean my suv is fully loaded?

Seriously tho..... take the motor-envy issue out of this and isn't a legitimate gripe? If I was looking for boats and they repeatedly said "fully-loaded" and the thing didn't have a heater or shower or wedge or ______, it would get a bit annoying.

Am I that far off-base?

but what if it had heater, shower, full mls, wedge, tower speakers, and sub.... BUT didn't have a heated seat, transom and rear seat remote, tower lights and docking lights? would your goat be gotten?

They used the same term when they listed my boat. It didn't have any tower speakers, no heater, no shower, no table, no chart plotter (to old for that option I think), no docking lights, missing the front cup holders, no heated seat, etc.

But it's "fully loaded".

The dealership selling it mostly dealt in go-fasts so to them it was.

But it is a pet peeve of mine also.

You know about the whole p*ssing match going on here, I'm an objective 3rd party observer and I'd like to call something out here. Apparently in the past nitrous has made comments about what engines he favors over the monsoon. But for saidainc and murphy ragging on him and saying things like "see this proves that this post was all another attempt at ragging on the monsoon" that simply isn't true.

From an outside perspective, nitrous is simply responding to what you are writing. If you call up the topic of engines again and he feels knowledgable about it, or is feeling misrepresented of COURSE he's going to clarify on the ENGINE portion (by the way the engine topic was poked at immediately on post #2). If you don't want to hear about it - stop poking him about it. The original intent of this thread was to talk about the term "fully loaded" and I'd like to say one more thing on that topic. Not calling anyone out specifically here, but p*ssing matches don't exactly put a positive spin on this forum / community. Having recently branched out to another community and seeing this type of behavior I'd like this place to stay my "safe haven". We're all here because we love the same hobby, are looking for help, or are trying to help someone else - lets try to remember that instead of getting so grumpy it's the off season.

Back to the topic at hand fully loaded is a fully defined term with a very specific definition - it means my boat has every option available. That means heaters, showers, EVERYTHING listed on the price sheet is an option. The only room for ambiguity is an engine, because it's not a boolean value of whether you have it or not, it's which version do you have.

The bottom line is people falsely list ads with the term to get people in the door (and IMO the majority do it knowingly). This thread is basically a venting session where the people who know whats up can complain about the people listing their boats falsely and wasting a lot of our time (for anyone who's seriously shopped for a decked out boat - you know what im talking about).

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Yikes, some folks are ready to pounce the first chance they get ! Way to negatory for me :)

Fully loaded is a term a lot of people throw around very loosely. Wish I had the cash to buy anything "fully loaded".

Steve B.

(going boat stir crazy here too)

I would just expect that the boat had 95%ish of the options available, that's all. What about you? Wouldn't you be a bit peeved if the ads kept saying 'fully loaded' but when you called the seller kept responding 'no'..... 'No'.... 'Nope' to your "does it have THIS" questions?

I don't think the gripe is with one boater missing one option, rather most ads missing a multitude of options....

IMHO "fully loaded" is full ballast, perfect pass (other cruise), wedge (power if available), "nice" stereo with tower speakers (factory is fine), bimini, boat cover, heater and shower. Everything else is nice but not required.

Fun read. Hopefully we don't lose twelve pages of threads over it like the stereo section.

Anybody seen areamike? Wanted to take him to Subway..........

It is Februany.