Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Underwater transom LED lights

Fman

Yes, re transom lights but also how to hook them up.

If you try to hook them up to maliview and u don't have both units, can't do it.

It's not onvious until u know that the mux is split into 2 parts.

I never would have guessed. So I tried to find/ hook up things and couldn't figure out why I couldn't find them of make it work.

Duh, not even there!!! So if you are trying to make it switchable to the mux touch screen on the swim lights button ... Can only do that if u have the right half of the mux switches.

I don't know what your talking about. Everyone on here is talking about how they purchased Shadow-Caster or OEM malibu transom lights, plugged them into factory harness in back, activated the button, done. I just wanted to know if the 09 Wakesetter VLX had the wires already in the back. I'll just freaking look next time I drive out to the marina. #NoHelp

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any experience installing multiple LEDs? I ordered my VLX with the "stock" underwater lights, but I am just not happy with the amount of light they throw out. Was thinking of adding a pair of either the Shadow Caster SCM-6 or the SCM-10. The install doesnt look too difficult, but I am more concerned about the electrical/wiring part. I haven't looked, but are there multiple "connectors" on the wiring harness? And can you have 2 different types of lights plugged into the harness? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30100-underwater-leds/?hl=%2Bshadow+%2Bcaster+%2Bsc-10#entry433639

Search for Shadow Caster SC-10 on these forums. You will get several hits with info. The above link is a lengthy one with some instal pics and info. It's a couple of years old and there are more players in the LED scene now but you will get some good reading on the lights.

When I did my LEDs, I did not use the harness that was there, but ran wires to the AUX port on the MUX. I haven't played with it on the MTC, but I'd imagine it would be similar. I ran three zones of LEDs to the AUX, and placed a 30a relay between. when you turn on the AUX button, the transom lights come on. I also have two separate controllers for the in boat LEDs and and tower LEDs. i wanted more customization and to be able to turn the tower LEDs off if cops hassled me, but did not want multiple switches everywhere. So the AUX switch gives power to everything, but you need to turn on the controllers via remote to get them going. Looks completely stock. on the dash

I have the own lights on my txi. I added a drain plug Hurley as a 3rd light. I simply spliced it in.

I works with the same switch as my other underwater lights on the mux.

The wires are more than capable of handling the extra load of the led light.

The biggest pain for me wasn't splicing the wires but fishing the wire for the Hurley without removing fuel tank.

my biggest question now is how much does surfgate hinder the light? are there any photos of transoms with surfgate? My wedge definitely puts out a shadow from the lights, but how much would surfgate keep the lights from having a wider scope?