Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fresh Air Exhaust

D-GOOSE

installed mine a couple weeks ago and tested it out last weekend....All I can say is if you are umming and arring about it DO IT....fantastic mod!!! One of the best I've done.

post-21235-0-14723900-1365391788_thumb.j

What is the output tube square surface area at the exit? I'm coming up with roughly 14.1 square inches on mine, regular dual exhaust with the rubber flappers. FAE appears much less than that = reduced engine performance...?

Hole shot reduction to due to a minor addition in drag is ok but choking the exhaust is not imo...

I've worried about this as well, but I have concluded that it isn't much of an issue. If there was a major performance hit, then you would hear about it more often. It mostly seems like everyone is really happy with FAE (once installed properly).

What diameter pipe does he use?

To put my boat into the garage the back of the hull has to touch the back wall. Has anyone set it up with a quick disconnect that would allow me to still keep it in the garage?

Or how far back it normally sits with the non wedge install.

What diameter pipe does he use?

To put my boat into the garage the back of the hull has to touch the back wall. Has anyone set it up with a quick disconnect that would allow me to still keep it in the garage?

Or how far back it normally sits with the non wedge install.

I'll be looking into this when it arrives and I install it.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone done this on a 13 VLX? I am interested, but concerned because the boat is already sluggish on hole shots and curious how far it sticks out... I am also wondering if it is hot at all after extended use and maybe easy to bump with your legs while on and off the boat swimming or switching riders...

Storage won't be an issue for us this year since we can keep it in the warehouse, was just worried about the wakes but that seems to be a non issue for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk