Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'93 Malibu Echelon

TappsBoater

o god jack i forgot to tell you and it's always been in the back of my mind lol. the spark arrester shows a mercruiser label so i don't think it's the 454...

Wow!!! That is an amazing price for that boat. It looks great! I thought I got my 1996 for 8500 was a steal, which it was, but 4k is the lottery! Congradulations and enjoy!

check this out..I'm retrofitting the bimini out of my i/o to fit the bu..

IMG_3857.jpg

Either Lower the front or Raise the back, to allow for the running attitude of the boat while running a little bow high....otherwise it will always be catching air and putting undo stress on it as well as slowing you down...

Actually as I look at it some more, if you raise it even higher,and do a few more modifications, you could probably attach it to the tower both front and back and ELIMINATE the straps all together!

see here....

post-15441-0-97718800-1359380069_thumb.j

post-15441-0-91725900-1359380268_thumb.j

Edited by JB-FOOT

the way my bimi is framed, I can't mount to the tower itself, and you are correct, I just loosen the rear straps and shorten the front to get a forward tilt to it.... the quickest way now is to only add a small base mount to the side window frame (like it was in the I/O) and the straps clip onto hooks already on boat...down the line I do want to get a custom top that only uses the tower...interesting though, the beam dimensions are wider on the bu than the I/O but because of the tower shape, the dimensions on the bimi make it fit perfectly within the tower.

I am so glad i found this thread..you guys are sooo informed and helpful... I have an 95 Four Winns I/O and it was great while it lasted (til lower unit crapped out). I agree with the above. Driving a DD or V-drive takes skill. Luckily all my other friends have them and i gained tons of experience driving them. One of the first things I learned was not to go back for your rider like gangbusters...just ease off the throttle and go almost at idle back to them (unless you see an oncoming boat which happens alot at the Delta)... also learned that turning right is the way to go.. i was a quick learner since the marina I usually launch from is usually crowded, they use to have bleachers there so that people would yell out comments to inefficient boaters who take too much time loading and unloading at the dock. At least i would get the yells "Now that's how you bring (or launch) your boat in". :)

HAHA, sounds like you must launch at Orwood...miss the bleacher scene at times, always was a good show but the new launch ramp is alot nicer!Also, that button is for the lumbar support in the driver back rest, if u hold it in it deflates, i think it automaticaly inflats once someone gets out of the seat, not sure....I only use it to deflate the support.......drop me a line, have to hook up this summer, ski over by Union Point at Victoria Slew

Edited by Skier007

question guys..what is this knob for on drivers seat? seems to be spring loaded as I can push it in...

IMG_3850knob.jpg

That button is useless..LOL

It is actually for an airbag LUMBAR support....push on the seat back while you pull the knob....wow...the seat goes in....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... :rofl:

Edited by JB-FOOT

o god jack i forgot to tell you and it's always been in the back of my mind lol. the spark arrester shows a mercruiser label so i don't think it's the 454...

show a motor pick,,,the 454 is a Merc Motor...

post-15441-0-71818300-1359385936_thumb.j

Edited by JB-FOOT

@skier007....yup Orwood, Int the old days during summer it was quite entertaining...I would feel bad about the boaters who took too long, lol.. but yea it's much nicer now! Yea we love boardin at Victoria slew (although it's been a few years since I was boatless :(.... I just look at old pics of me and my bud's to reminisce...

039.jpg

028.jpg

Nice job Fred, You could double your money, but of course why would you. Awsome boat, great colors. You will get years of enjoyment out of it and probably make money if you do ever sell.

I have a 5 year old girl that i want to expose to water sports so I can't wait for spring to come!!! she's excited!!

Fred,

You have Soooooo Many EXCELLENT family times ahead of you......I am jealous, as my kids are now 28-30-32.....and we started them all skiing on the same night when they were 5-7-9.........and they all were in the boat by the time they were 6 months.....those were the days....

I will say that they still hang out with us almost every weekend....Boating has been such a great sport for our family......and now yours....ENJOY and savor every moment as the time will fly by...

I totally agree Jack.. the older kids (30 an 31) had a fantastic time when we ran the I/O....watersports and camping give us unforgettable memories and your right..the older kids are already planning vacations back here this summer to hang out with lil sis :)

Fred,

You have Soooooo Many EXCELLENT family times ahead of you......I am jealous, as my kids are now 28-30-32.....and we started them all skiing on the same night when they were 5-7-9.........and they all were in the boat by the time they were 6 months.....those were the days....

I will say that they still hang out with us almost every weekend....Boating has been such a great sport for our family......and now yours....ENJOY and savor every moment as the time will fly by...

I am that 30 year old kid. Your post actual made me water up a little bit. I can't even begin to count the "Father/Son" moments that were had on our first boat ('87 Malibu Skier). That isn't counting all the other family moments shared on that boat. Thank you for this post. Thank you.

I miss it out there in Nc...have relatives out there in Selma and they have a Moomba...Lakes are beautiful out there!!!

You won't here any complaining from me. I love NC.

years ago we tried to move there...wife stayed with her sister, worked at Wake Medical, I tried to find work in the high tech industry when the dot com crash happenned. Tried for 4 years i think..Finally had to tell her to come back... LOL, we made her sister buy a boat so that we would vacation there every year :) in the summer...

I too am the 30 year old kid. We had great times growing up on the I/Os we owned. In fact, to this day my folks will say the boat provided us the best family times we had.

Have a daughter of my own now and she loves the boat. We have a summer of memories and look forward to many more. The family still loves getting together around the boats and I can't wait to get everyone behind the TXi!

Welcome to some great family times and keep the boat pics coming, great looking boat!