Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing hard tanks

40oz

• 1 month later...

How do I figure out what hoses are fill or drain? On my boat the locker bag & pump were already removed. Do I need a drain & fill pump as well? And again, how do I know which hose goes where? There is also a Y fitting on my locker hose, can't for the life of me figure out why?

Not sure about your boat, but on my boat the fill lines come from pumps mounted to valves that go through the hull. The drain lines are in the rear of the boat and exit starboard and port side by the swim platform. I can snap some pics later today.

Not sure about your boat, but on my boat the fill lines come from pumps mounted to valves that go through the hull. The drain lines are in the rear of the boat and exit starboard and port side by the swim platform. I can snap some pics later today.

I did figure out where the fills, drains & over flows are for the rear sacs. It is the front locker that is fubar, I cannot figure out where the pumps should mount or where the hoses would need to go. I can only trace down one hose & I dont know if it is drain or over flow. The hole is towards the bow all alone by it self. The guy I got the boat from said he had leaking problems with the front sac so he took it all out. Been trying to find a diagram for my 02 vlx that would show all the routing & pump locations but cannot locate one.

There should be a hole with a valve in your ski locker. I have a pump in the ski locker and another mounted to the bag to drain. My drain hose comes out of the bag, comes up around the heater area and exits the boat starboard side.

Found a use for those old hard tanks...

IMG_0855_zpsbc1acd49.jpg

Gap Gaurds for my tow rig.

IMG_0865_zpse173c1c4.jpg

IMG_0864_zps05d94640.jpg

Did you paint that? I tried painting that stuff a while back and could very easily peel it off with my fingernail. What kind of paint did you use?

roughed it up with sandpaper, then sprayed it with Krylon flat black. So far so good. Been on there a little over two weeks with no chipping.

For whatever reason that gap was bugging me.

Edited by JIMJOM

There should be a hole with a valve in your ski locker. I have a pump in the ski locker and another mounted to the bag to drain. My drain hose comes out of the bag, comes up around the heater area and exits the boat starboard side.

There are two holes in my ski locker. Both have brass handled plugs at the moment. I take it one is to drain water from the area the other should have a ball valve, or I need to install a ball valve there now?