Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Recommend a malibu dealership? List it here!

bamabonners

Any of the Singleton Marine Group Dealerships. We deal with Blue Creek Marina on Lake Martin, Al. They have dealerships all over the southeast and backup all there work. Austin Singleton runs the SMG group and is one of the better people in the boat business. Best prices, good work that they will back up, very supportive to water sports. They actually care about reputation and customer feedback.

I have always had great luck with Darryl Moore's Marine in Houston, now part of the Singleton Marine Group and named SMG Wake Houston. Big Jay and Johnny, the Sales Manager, have been great with both boats. John, the Service Manager, has also been great to deal with when I've had any warranty issues that need to be addressed.

Edited by WhoaNellie

I've had good success with Plowman's Marine in Woodruff, Wi. I dealt with Plowman's before they went under. Most of mine was in parts for restoration of my 93 Sunsetter.

Both dealerships were very helpful.

I have dealt with Munson also but not for Malibu (too far away from my home)

Though I was up in the area for business a couple of months ago and was looking for the front binding of an older O'Brien for one of my boy's skis. They didn't have it but recommended the Skipper Buds marina across the street as they kept a lot of that "old stuff" around. I went over and they had a new one in the bag!

I certainly did appreciate that help!

Edited by kengrutza

Forgot to mention about Active Water Sports...

What really makes them great is the community of boaters they bring together here in Portland. Through the dealership I have met many other boating families who I now consider friends. They do this through a variety of events throughout the year...

Pro Sho Demo Day (May) - Come visit all the equipment reps and try anything you want behind boats and gas provided by AWS. Free BBQ and sodas. Pro shop discounts. Just a fun time!

Malibu Demo Day (June) - Come drive any new Malibu model you want... all are gassed up and waiting at the dock. Try one, try them all, bring your family. More free food. Good times.

Boat Buyers Reunion (July) - Everybody shows up for BBQ on shore, then hit the water and caravan down the Willamette, all the way through the downtown slot. Did I mention... more free food!

Freeriders Ball (Aug) - Basically an open wakeboarding tournament at the AWS private lake.

Evening with the Stars (Nov) - Entire service dept. transforms into a giant indoor boat show. Reps from all boat companies there. Reps from gear companies also there. Pros are in the house (e.g. this year we had Bob, Parks, and Byerly). Free food and give aways all night (incl. boards, clothes, babes, etc.). Better then boat show pricing on boats. 40% off on gear. Probably my favorite event of the year. I brought the entire family this time, and they got to meet Bob, a HUGE celebrity to them. My wife (who loves to slalom) spent 20 minutes with Dave Wingerter learning about new HO product. How cool is that?

These events bring community together, foster friendships, and connect us to the companies who provide the toys we love. AWS is really so much more than a dealership. They are a like a watersports club.

I'm curious to hear what sort of events and gatherings other dealerships coordinate.

7AABA9FF-7575-4561-851E-4E743EF7C3C9-2385-00000475C232D293.jpg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1

Wonder where the closest dealer to NE Ohio would be ?

Steve B.

That would be

The Navigation Company in Meadville, PA. Good folks from what I have experienced. They hooked me up with Spectrum and some color matched gel for my boat. I know a couple crew members that have bought Bu's form them and attend the NE WOW.

Thanks martinarcher ! I googled them after my post. I'm sure they'll be my Malibu contact. I have old ties with Conneaut :)

Steve B.

(quick edit: sweet move bama to turn what was heading negative into a positive !)

Edited by Steve B.

Morse Lake Inboards (MLI) - Cicero Indiana.

Worked with me for a year before I made my purchase.

Took care of some warranty and not-so-warranty issues without question.

Stuck with me through about 4 tries to fix my depth sensor (fixed now, i think).

And the service lead - now sales lead has returned many calls / texts late and on weekends.

• Like 1

That would be

The Navigation Company in Meadville, PA. Good folks from what I have experienced. They hooked me up with Spectrum and some color matched gel for my boat. I know a couple crew members that have bought Bu's form them and attend the NE WOW.

Bud and Mike DeVoge own the Navigation Company....GREAT HONEST and FAIR people to deal with....it is a family affair there as with several generations of employees....they know boats and strive to make every customer happy...with lots of boating and industry knowledge....they also have a great pro shop....

I know I have said this before on many other threads but... Tilly's is hands down offers the best service, best customer appreciation etc... I can honestly say that I feel like I am truely appreciated when I go there. They have done everything from minor to major work and I have never had a problem with anything. They will bend over backwards for you, I wouldn't buy another boat from anywhere else. They have a few new people there that are awesome as well, Hit Tony up for a demo of a sufgate.

I've bought 2 Malibu's from the Ski Shack in Springfield, MO...and they'll get my business on the 3rd as well. Nothing but compliments to them since 2000.

I've also had the fortune to buy some things from Peter at Smooth Water Sports, would give him my $$$'s any day. Also have visited about 20 dealers across the country during my work travels - 2 are clearly at the top (in order, without question) - No Wake in Cincy and Waterski America in Dallas.

Pushing the envelope on the topic here,

The Edge in Portage, Michigan

Although they no longer carry Malibu, they are still an authorized service center. I still take my 'bu there for all my service. They are a great bunch of people to deal with.

• Like 2

Singleton Marine Group of Atlanta

5529 Lanier Island Parkway, Buford, GA 30518

Phone: (770) 831-8898

This dealership used to be Atlanta Inboard. I bought my 'Bu from them several years back. Anyway, SMG's parts and service people are great. Whenever I need assistance or have issues, they fix it for me.

Skiers pier, Waterford, Mich. Been dealing with them for 10 years. Good people. Always call me by name when I come in.

:plus1:

Ron Koenig really goes out of his way to make sure you are happy!

Singleton Marine Group of Atlanta

5529 Lanier Island Parkway, Buford, GA 30518

Phone: (770) 831-8898

This dealership used to be Atlanta Inboard. I bought my 'Bu from them several years back. Anyway, SMG's parts and service people are great. Whenever I need assistance or have issues, they fix it for me.

I have heard great things about them as well.

I'm curious to hear what sort of events and gatherings other dealerships coordinate.

We found a dealer in Orlando Florida when we were there seeing family a few years ago, We used to stop in each time down and get parts/accessories from them, a couple years back the Malibu "franchise?" switched to a different dealer, Liquid Sports Marine I beleave it was, they send us an Email news letter about a river cruise they do.

The Ski Shack Springfield Mo.

I will give another shout out to Greg, Chris and Rich. Bar none they are some of the best customer service people that I have ever delt with in any field.

CB

SMG Wake of Houston - just finished my shakedown run on our new 2013 VLX and they have been fantastic to work with throughout the whole process. Professional and helpful all the way. I highly recommend them.

Trying to add more CA dealers here.

My boat was originally purchased from Boat Country in Escalon CA.

While I have never dealt with them, I have always heard good things about them.

edit, it just dawned on me that I have dealt with them.

I ordered a "flip window" from them and it arrived on time, un-damaged and, at a reasonable price.

Edited by Pistol Pete