Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got carried away today, SSLXI Interior Rehab

Bozboat

I'm glad I wasn't totally off topic then. :)

Cool, thanks man. Our Skier has a blower that looked like this and it moved a ton of air and was whisper quiet,

8361.jpg

Nice blower. Any more info easily available? Cheers.

Funny you say that boz. When I took the dogbox skin and dogbox to my local upholstery guy he was super impressed with the thickness and quality of the skin. When I called him about putting the skin on he said he would do it, but couldn't guarantee the fit or how well it would turn out since he didn't make the skin. He said if the guy that made it didn't know what he was doing it wouldn't turn out well. I chuckled and told him that I thought it would turn out fine. When I picked it up he was raving about the quality of the skin and told me he would install anything from Chee in the future. :lol:

Some progress on the rear couch. My old stuff wasn't in bad shape for a boat with 13 or so seasons on it, but I am amazed at how much thicker Chee's skins are than the old ones. Its hard to tell in these photos, but the old foam under the old vinyl is either flat or never was as thick as the new vinyl.

Also, the on the seats under the original vinyl seems to be in good shape.

1F17AB44-C8E6-48C2-B6DC-BAFA0F6F9613-3727-000001567E212138.jpgA8480B25-6674-4C31-988E-7EF6FD961545-3727-000001566429DE18.jpg

BFCB734B-8CD7-4F96-B1AC-9C5A3E0D0E7D-3727-000001566D3B560F.jpg

3CE426FF-2BF5-47DF-9C43-A43B7D607AC9-3727-000001568FC96C7D.jpg

Hey Boz,

Any chance you could snap a picture of the underside of the driver's seat (as we discussed over PM). I'm wondering what the air pump for the seat bottom bladder looks like (mine's missing), and where to source one if anyone knows... apologies for the hi-jack.

Funny you say that boz. When I took the dogbox skin and dogbox to my local upholstery guy he was super impressed with the thickness and quality of the skin. When I called him about putting the skin on he said he would do it, but couldn't guarantee the fit or how well it would turn out since he didn't make the skin. He said if the guy that made it didn't know what he was doing it wouldn't turn out well. I chuckled and told him that I thought it would turn out fine. When I picked it up he was raving about the quality of the skin and told me he would install anything from Chee in the future. :lol:

Wow, we must have the same upholstery guy!

• Like 1

Hey Boz,

Any chance you could snap a picture of the underside of the driver's seat (as we discussed over PM). I'm wondering what the air pump for the seat bottom bladder looks like (mine's missing), and where to source one if anyone knows... apologies for the hi-jack.

Thats no hi-jack. They haven't pulled that seat apart yet, but we talked about the air bladder and that I wanted some to come get some photos of the inside of the seat. I should be able to get this tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

I wish I had some. I bought my Skier with it installed and sold it a few years ago.

I think it was this one. I need to order one as my existing blower drives me nuts.

Thanks much Boz.

Classic, this is the same line I got from the dude who installed all my skins. Chee rules :rockon:

Edited by Levi900RR

You guys are really making me feel much better about the possibility of changing mine out...I had hoped to put it off but maybe this will be next winter's project!

Here are some photos of the inside of the Captain's Chair. My lumbar balloon has self destructed, not sure that I will chase down this replacement. Anyone just have to have a lumbar adjustment in the driver's seat?

Lumbar plunger pump on the bottom of the captain's chair.
C37E8391-F695-41DD-BEC5-130A5BEA21D1-752

Hose that contains the plunger pump and connects to an airbladder in the lumbar of the seat
2D7CE17A-89B2-4EB6-8477-B5CE62509C68-752
1A3E5D5B-EDDE-4965-94AE-72A78A3E813A-305

There is a foam rectangle that fits in the middle of the back of the seat that covers a bladder, but the bladder itself has self destructed.
FE1B61EB-49B3-46D9-AD60-1647CF53147B-752
479C4848-052A-48BE-861C-8BAC37A87D08-752

Edited by Bozboat

I learned a new word today "Ozite" (maybe everyone knows about Ozite, but this is a new one on me) Think carpet that you don't walk on. My boat had some ozite that was used to cover some of the trim pieces that were too small to use carpet, or had too many angles, and was used on the bottom of the trunk lid and underneath the floor panel. Here is a photo of my new roll of Ozite.

E4B7D5B9-FD53-40C0-B4AD-CC91EBE28DBC-100-00000000500E63EC.jpg

Edited by Bozboat
What did you decide on this? I am very curious about this product.

I ordered the NL2, it is here in the box starring at me. Looks like an easy install. Early last summer I noticed water drippiing out of the tubes at the bottom of the MDC onto my feet. So I had pulled the tubes off the pitots, ordered a new MDC and drove by tach all last season.

I took the tubes and the pitots off the boat when I re-installed the gas tank. Also, my guages were acting funny, so I swapped in the new MDC when I installed the new gas tank sender.

So the choices were

a) keep driving by tach,

b) get the NL2 and have a good speedo, or

c) get the perfect pass mechanical. The perfect pass probably would have been my first choice, adding cruise control and gps speed, but the price point was more than I wanted to do at this time.

My goal is to have the boat interior completed and the boat put back together by March, so I won't be able to test the NL2 until then.

Picked up the rear seat today. I had stored the skins for a year before having them installed, and following others advice, I had unfolded the skins and stored them lightly rolled. I think having them stored for a year has caused some issues making the seats look less than smoot but I am hopeful that with some time in the sun they will smooth out.

FFF89F7B-1416-4E17-AEC8-469592C3196D-305

591ABFE7-65A5-42AA-9AB3-5259ADF5C092-305

4D47454E-371C-4DCB-8E65-9209D25D8045-305

Edited by Bozboat

I would consider calling either Malibu or maybe one of several other boat manufacturers and speak with one of the people in the upholstry department. They have lots of "tricks" to smooth out wrinkles or correct any number of various flaws/blemishes. Sun, heat gun, specific massaging all are techniques used to correct that type of flaw. I am sure someone will be more than happy to help you out, they all know a happy boat owner is a future boat owner. Good luck.

Looking good! That bent wrap-around on the rear seat looks like a comfy spot.

Fix/clean that camera lense, I thought you had a tear in the vinyl at first.

Great Day, another big box of stuff from Chee!

The floor panel, its almost a shame to carpet it and put it in the boat, could just use it for a mirror.

723072CC-7E45-43E6-A464-929578461F84-166

The trunk lid. I expected the trunk lid to be raw like the floor panel, but Chee, being First Class, sent one ready for the skin install. He even included a new perko lock/latch and two new hinges.

228AEBD0-CA6A-4126-AC79-A5E0987C3F86-166

42BED292-8320-485E-90B9-FFC7A509CD3F-166

Edited by Bozboat
  • Like 2