Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First time out in my first Malibu boat

Smiff

I'm in the same "boat" Smiff. Bought the boat at the end of September and only had it out at the demo. I uncover the boat 2-3 times a week just to sit in it and play with the radio.

Congratulations and welcome! I live on the south side of Lake Lanier. Where are you boating? I didn't recognize any of the background. I winterized my VLX Saturday. It was sunny, warm and (listen up northerners) I broke a sweat and maybe even got a little sunburn. Bwwuuhahahahaha!

Okay, to be fair... I lived in Minnesota for almost 20 years.

On the build sheet it says 6 x 9 Alpha II wet sounds tower speakers

Sweet looking boat! Congrats.

I think there is some confusion on the build sheet. Maybe they mean that they are Alpha II cans with Wetsounds 6X9 inside the cans? I did not know that Wetsounds were even available from the factory for Malibu boats. I thought that they usually had to be added aftermarket. Somebody clarify.

I think he means alpha 2 cans with the wetsounds pro 696 inside, then you can get wetsounds amps with 4 pro 60s, but it is ridiculously overpriced and underpowered.

Congratulations and welcome! I live on the south side of Lake Lanier. Where are you boating? I didn't recognize any of the background. I winterized my VLX Saturday. It was sunny, warm and (listen up northerners) I broke a sweat and maybe even got a little sunburn. Bwwuuhahahahaha!

Okay, to be fair... I lived in Minnesota for almost 20 years.

I live in McDonough but we have a place on Lake Oconee.

@IXFE - I want your tow rig!!!!!!! :)

LOL! I assume you are referring to that lovely John Deere tractor. That's actually the dealer's tow mule for moving boats around at the shop.

Here's a shot of our actual tow rig. I've tried to convince the wife to let me sell it in favor of a diesel, but she loves it too much (it's her DD).

53c3befc.jpg

Edited by IXFE

LOL! I assume you are referring to that lovely John Deere tractor. That's actually the dealer's tow mule for moving boats around at the shop.

Here's a shot of our actual tow rig. I've tried to convince the wife to let me sell it in favor of a diesel, but she loves it too much (it's her DD).

53c3befc.jpg

I have the same wheels but the PO didnt buy a spare. Do you think I can get one from Boatmate?

I have the same wheels but the PO didnt buy a spare. Do you think I can get one from Boatmate?

Yeah, I'm sure they'll sell you a spare. The wheel style is "Gear Alloy 711MB" and they are 18's.

http://www.gearalloy.com/711mb

My guess is they will charge you somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 + shipping for the wheel/tire combo. The other options is just to get the exact specs (bolt pattern, etc.) and order from your local Discount Tire. Might be a little cheaper.

I never really liked black wheels before I got these, now I'm in love with them. I even tried to get a set for my DD, a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but Gear doesn't make them in the right bolt pattern for that rig. Bummer.

Edited by IXFE

Ok I checked around to a few dealers and they told me this wheel with the 4.5 on 5 lug has been out of stock for a while and I probably would not find one. I email Boatmate to see if they could help. I might have to buy a regular spare and put a cool cover over it. I'm not giving up yet