Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hurricane Sandy is coming

foiler1

Outside of a Tsunami warning Saturday night Hawaii is beautiful. It was very surreal seeing Waliki a ghost town on a Saturday night.

NOt trying to go off tangent, but if ya want to see a really huge hurricane or cyclone, look at supertyphoon Paka..ran over guam in 1997....probably the highest recorded wind speeds and gusts ever, not confirmed as the recorder got blown away...Known gusts of 250 mph.

Worked as a contractor for the FAA at the time...had a chance to go out for the clean up...but said heck no.

Also look at supertyphoon Tip..was suppsoed to be even bigger than Paka.

The good news is Sandy is trucking along at nearly 30 mph so it'll be in and out quickly, less chance of localized flooding.

Edited by jkendallmsce

lost power here in NH for a few hours, but its back on for a short time I assume, once the major part of the storm moves in I would imagine it goes out for awhile...

lost power here in NH for a few hours, but its back on for a short time I assume, once the major part of the storm moves in I would imagine it goes out for awhile...

Good luck!

Yowie, I"m in Ohio, and it's scary here ! I heard a tree come down in the woods in front of my house. Hoping power stay's on and nothing hit's the boat. She's in the driveway. I should have taken it to storage saturday.

Steve B.

Almost all the schools are closed around here in NH, as well as a lot of businesses. Second day in a row most likely with many more to follow...

Edited by Glasshunter300

Almost all the schools are closed around here in NH, as well as a lot of businesses. Second day in a row most likely with many more to follow...

It diminished a bunch before it made it to downeast Maine. I live rite on the coast and we had a little wind and rain but nothing bad, they hyped it up too much in our area for what we got, even thou the projected path showed the winds dying down to 30mph in our area which we get often, three Walmarts in the area sold out of water Monday, and there was a high sale of generators. I didn't even see any trees or big branches down, we had a stronger wind storm just a few weeks ago they said nothing about on the weather channel.

NJ and a few places look like they really got hit hard! Its amazing to see how much water there is in the tunnels and around the town!