Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will aftermarket "surfgates" outperform stock Surfgate?

flapjack

Hey guys, I have been reading with keen interest how the DIY Surf Gate's is progressing and have started looking into doing a kit for my 2009 VLX. Just trying to think of a simpler,cheaper way to integrate the speed of the boat, I have just tonight measured the frequency coming off of the paddle wheel which gives the boat it's speed sensing. I need to do a more accurate test while on the water but it looks like I can use a dual set point frequency relay from Siemens/VDO to control what speed the gates will engage. Providing its not too cold or wet on the weekend ( In Australia so we are in winter :( )I will let you know the results. This should be a easy to set up way to do things on any boat that has an electronic paddle wheel.