Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Has anyone else 'warmed up' to the MXZ?

wakeboarder3780

Small? We ride with a minimum of 10 people and they are quite comfortable in the back of my 22. How is it that small? People prefer riding in the seats facing the wake anyway, thats the only part of my 22 that has a lack of space.

its small compared to my lsv and the lsv I was getting. and is that 10 adults? cause kids need way more room. Put the table up in the 22 and there is not much room left. I am only considering the rear. the front is great.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one and love it. Mind you I did not drive anything else in the malibu line. My kid and everybody else loves to be in the bow and I like the room up there. Lots of room for gear when no people are sitting there. I wish the rear lockers were bigger. The wake and surf wave are awesome.

Planning on trading in on a 24 MXZ for a little more room in the back.

We've used MXZs in a few ski shows over the last year. Their every bit as nice as any other Malibu I've been in. But living in the PNW, the small interior behind the windshield is a deal breaker for me..... it's not much bigger than my Vride's interior! Maybe if we lived in Cali & could put people up front more often.... although that brings a bunch of other issues with visibility for the driver & whether or not they chili dip more often. The LSV interior is perfect for us... loads of room for people & storage behind the windshield.

Small? We ride with a minimum of 10 people and they are quite comfortable in the back of my 22. How is it that small? People prefer riding in the seats facing the wake anyway, thats the only part of my 22 that has a lack of space.

If you have a 23 LSV currently the 22 MXZ is quite small in the back by comparison. I couldn't fathom going with the 22 MXZ for the same reason, couldn't give up the space in the rear.

I no longer hate it but I would not buy one. Yet. The question is will the pickle become industry standard or passing fad.

I say try three full hulls. you can call it a tri-hull.

Thanks. Siri and I are not getting along

I heard that Siri is suffering from all the partying she's been doing with everyone. Apparently her answers are not as good now as they were when she was first released.

I did not like the look of the MXZ front end. Even after testing the 22, I did not warm up to it. However, spending the day on the 24, I fell in love with it. That changed my mind. And the bow rise seems less than the LSV, especially while surfing.

why with the new X STAR and G23 out there does malibu skimp on a new dash for the mxz? Add the dash out of the new VTX and it would be unstopable.

I totally disagree - the MXZ (and VLX, LSV, etc.) dash is the best in the wakeboat industry. Multiple screens with analog gauges, very classy and well thought out. VTX dash is awful in comparison. The Mastercraft dash is okay, the Nautique dash is one of the worst out there. Let's just looks at the and make the comparison.

G23 dash:

9.jpg

X-Star:

2013-mastercraft-x-star-command-center.jpg

VTX:

30thVTXDash.jpg

MXZ:

VLXDash.jpg

^^^ Totally agree... the best looking dash is the one you posted last (VLX, LSV, MXZ).

In fact, I would rate them in this order:

1) VLX, LSV, MXZ (timeless, classy, most like a high-end car)

2) X-Star (sexy)

3) VTX (too tall, no analog gauges, no LED disply for depth, hours, temps, etc.)

4) G23 (simply hideous)

Edited by IXFE

I love the practically of the MXZ but I HATE the picklefork.

I currently have an 07 VLX and I much prefer it's appearance. (Or VLX's in general).

Also for me the MXZ's tow weight in Australia is listed at 2700kg which is 200kg too much for my tow car, so I doubt I will get one if I upgrade.

CHeers

Stewart

Whats hilarious are people here that hate the MXZ 22 but LOVE the MXZ 24. Cmon people you cannot honestly tell me that the ice chest and rear facing seat makes you love a design you claim to hate on the 22. The extra room is nice but you either like the design or you dont.

Edited by saidainc

saidainc..................when the designs are so freakin' awesome and cutting edge, it really can come down to miniscule differences to sway buyers one way or the other.

Whats hilarious are people here that hate the MXZ 22 but LOVE the MXZ 24. Cmon people you cannot honestly tell me that the ice chest and rear facing seat makes you love a design you claim to hate on the 22. The extra room is nice but you either like the design or you dont.

No.. that's not true. There are people who buy based on functionality - not design. I would never buy the 22 and would buy the 24 in a heart beat. It has nothing to do with rear facing seats or an ice chest or the "design". For people who's FIRST v-drive was an LSV, you get used to having all that rear space and you don't want to give it up. Some people feel the extra space is what matters most. There are only 2 reasons I would buy the 24 mxz:

A) Not a sacrifice in rear space

B) The wake looks like I might like it more - seems a bit lippier once weighted down with a little extra.

I would never buy a boat that has less space than I have now - why would anyone want to do that. Would you want to downsize to a smaller house? You get accustomed to having a lot of room. In short, you're wrong, there are people like that. I'm one of them.

No.. that's not true. There are people who buy based on functionality - not design. I would never buy the 22 and would buy the 24 in a heart beat. It has nothing to do with rear facing seats or an ice chest or the "design". For people who's FIRST v-drive was an LSV, you get used to having all that rear space and you don't want to give it up. Some people feel the extra space is what matters most. There are only 2 reasons I would buy the 24 mxz:

A) Not a sacrifice in rear space

B) The wake looks like I might like it more - seems a bit lippier once weighted down with a little extra.

I would never buy a boat that has less space than I have now - why would anyone want to do that. Would you want to downsize to a smaller house? You get accustomed to having a lot of room. In short, you're wrong, there are people like that. I'm one of them.

Youre missing the point, was commenting on how people say they hated the overall design when it was just the 22 and they LOVE the 24. Nevermind though, its just moot at this point.