Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear compartment stupidity!

Raeden

Saturday I dragged the boat 2 hours to the lake, only to have it not work. Dragged it two hours back last night and I put the boat inside a pole building here at work. The door worked itself down a bit while doing so. Bent the heck out of the bottom panel. Kicked it mostly straight in my flip flops.

This is at WORK. Almost new door. Great.

Some of the stories you guys shared are true classics!

My wife back into a parked car, parked directly behind her.

Same type of story, except my wife hit my new comapny truck. Eventhough the back up sensors were beeping like mad!

I had my wife drinving the motorhome to back the boat into the garage after the NW WOW in Washington. (Which we will be coming back to) I am watching the back of the boat in the garage when I hear a loud crunch. I had never backed the boat in with the RV and it is way to tall and she smashed the eavestrough with the ladder on the back. Not to bad, could have been a lot worse.

I launched my Schwinn Paramount Ti (serotta-built) road bike off of the top of my minivan one the freeway in the fast lane on the way home from a bike race. Heard a screetch (bike scraping roof), looked in the rear view and it was doing the flying saucer, spinning like a frisbee in the air behind me at 70mph. Thank God nobody was directly behind me or it could've been really ugly. The freeway was crazy tight so I couldn't pull over... had to get off at the next exit and circle back. By the time I got back the whole bike was literally smashed to bits. All of the salvageable parts fit in the palm of my hand.

Before the bike launch I was actually super stoked because I'd come in second in the three day stage race. Ugh. That $50 in prize winnings didn't go quite as far as I'd hoped.

Luckily haven't had a garage door incident yet but I did see my neighbor back his suv into his garage door he thought was fully open but was 90% open. Bent the door and scrapped the heck out of his rear tailgate and roof

Man Shawn - that is rough. Reminds me of my triathlon this year. I did the bike leg for a relay team. We took 3rd place and were stoked. I put the bike back up on the car (Yakima rack with front fork clamp and rear tire tray). I head home and just before getting home decide to stop for some ice cream (I earned it by burning all those calories right?). Well I decide since I'm still wearing my road bike gear I didn't want to be "that guy" in the DQ so I would go through the drive through. Right as I come up to the "low clearance" pvc pole hanging on a rope to mark the clearance it dawned on my that the bike was on top. I jack the brakes just in time before the seat grabs the pole. The bad news is the pvc pole has hopped over the front handlebars. Without someone else to hold it up while I back out I convince myself that if it hopped over it could hop back over as I slowly back out.

So there I am with my head out the window of the car slowly letting the clutch out watching this pole slowly apply tension on my bars. It looks like it's about to pop off the bike when BANG....the bike comes down on the side of the car and hits me in the back of the head. The pressure on the bars popped the rear tire clamp open and lifted the wheel into the air, the frame then swung down onto the side of the car and my head.

At this point I'm freaking about the side of the car. I'm trying to hold the bike off the car while I work the door open slowly when I feel it.....that warm feeling running down my neck. I look down and my jersey is soaked in blood. The front cog ended up catching me right in the back of the head and about 4 of the teeth got me good.

I ended up inside DQ soaking up the blood with napkins. One of the ladies there got me a warm cloth to clean it up a little and a bag of ice for the rest of the ride home. I showed up at home with a bloody jersey, and no ice cream. :Doh: The funniest part was my wife looking me up and down and trying to figure out where the road rash was from the "crash". :lol:

• Like 2

My old Dad (in his 70's) was working on an electrical short in the starter circuit on his older maserati. Predictably, while fixing that (and a corroded battery cable)....with him under the back of the car....the starter engaged and the car drove through the back wall of the garage. Not a mark on my Dad anywhere.

Edited by CliffB

My old Dad (in his 70's) was working on an electrical short in the starter circuit on his older maserati. Predictably, while fixing that (and a corroded battery cable)....with him under the back of the car....the starter engaged and the car drove through the back wall of the garage. Not a mark on my Dad anywhere.

:notworthy: