Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Performance Boat Candy - New Product

Murphy8166

Ok it's been over a week and 5 trips on the water, I will Never Use Hot sauce again, This stuff really works for me, I had to play with it a little bit, and see what works best, So for Me I wipe all the water off the boat, and then apply the boat candy with the micro fiber cloths, ( a small amount go's along way ) at first I was putting too much on like I did with the hot sauce, Wipe it on with one towel and wipe it off with a dryer one, Takes very little effort, and if you miss a spot, like applying after dark or dusk, the next day you can polish it up with another dry towel, By far the best shine and takes our water spots off with ease, Have not tested it at Lake Shasta witch has really Hard water, That would be the ultimate test!!

I really like and use the hotsauce....but my only complaint is that I feel as though it strips any wax on there. Yep it removes spots.... but after you get couple coats of hotsauce.... the water doesnt bead up like a freshly waxed surface. the wax in the boat candy seems to be the missing ingredient for me. waterspots here are baked on at 105-120...and the temps on the surface of my dark gray topsides gotta be reaching 140+...its insane, you cant even put your hand on there for more than a second.... they will seriously burn you when in the extreme 100+deg direct sun. I have never expereinced a surface get that hot anywhere just from the sun.

Perhaps in the spring I will give the boat candy a try. From what I am hearing, you guys are using less of the boat candy as compared to the hotsauce??....using hotsauce once a weekend, liberally, I doubt I could make it thru a summer with 5qts(gallon + additional 1qt sprayer).

• Like 1