Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's on your to-do list?

WakeGirl

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• Malibudude

• VinRLX

• jetskipro550

Sell Boat,

Buy Boat.

I know it was just a typographical error, but it should be pointed out that you've got these backwards. It should read:

Buy Boat,

Sell Boat.

You're Welcome

1. Pop off prop and take it in for tuning

2. Permantly find home for woofer

3. Permantly mount XM antenna on the tower

4. Install new PP Wakeboard Pro

5. Put new board racks on

6. Have the carpet cleaned

7. Dewinterize

8. Wax one last time

9. Find and install three outlet heater

10. Find and install Hot/Cold Shower

11. Buy back-up prop

12. Have lightbar design made

13. Install said lightbar

14. ENJOY

1. Clean Carpet

2. Gelcoat touch up

3. Maintenance (Fluids, impellar, etc.)

4. Organize the storage facility!

On the carpet clean-up...Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the carpet in the boat? Also, we have a carpet insert that is filthy. I am thinking of renting a Rug Doctor to do the carpet insert. Is this a good idea?

I took out the back seat, open up the bilge and used my power washer on a really low setting to push all the dirt into the bilge where I flushed it out of the drain holes.

Can wet vac with a wet/dry vac to get any large water deposits out and leave in sun to dry.

1. Clean Carpet

2. Gelcoat touch up

3. Maintenance (Fluids, impellar, etc.)

4. Organize the storage facility!

On the carpet clean-up...Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the carpet in the boat? Also, we have a carpet insert that is filthy. I am thinking of renting a Rug Doctor to do the carpet insert. Is this a good idea?

We have a Bissel carpet cleaner (full size vacuume sized) and I use it 3 or 4 times a year on the boat. It also has an upholstry attachment I use for the smaller nooks & crannys. Works pretty good. The water comes out UNBELIEVEABLY DIRTY.

Some have used the smaller handheald Bissel unit with sucsess also. I think you'd be fine with a Rug DR. I'd get the upholstry attachment also. There are many spots you won't get that bulky machine into....

Pat

The Rug Doctor works great, and even better if you can get the narrower version. The grocery store versions are wider for home use, but the carpet store here has another model that is only about a foot wide which is even better for the boat. And the hose attachment for upholstery will get everywhere the machine can't reach. I have a Bissell Little Green myself, but the Rug Doctor holds more water and is more powerful.

The rug Dr. is awesome!!! Just get the attachments for it when you do it. I try to use one every month or so just to get the nasty water out of the carpet. It makes a HUGE difference. I remeber when I did it when we first bought our boat it took out EVERY single stain!

1. Pick new boat up from dealer (Waiting for delivery sucks! )

2. Install stereo

3. Break-in Boat

4. Enjoy the summer

ditto's to nv

also prep/sell old boat ;)

1. new bunk Cry.gif

2. make new 12volt plug for fat sac pumping convience

3. Clean boat, its gotten soo dirty Cry.gif

4. Install bow speakers

the following is pending i convice the father to let me modify his boat

1. sub/box/amp

2. interior lights

3. Remove rear tanks, add sacs

4. tower speakers

The rug Dr. is awesome!!! Just get the attachments for it when you do it. I try to use one every month or so just to get the nasty water out of the carpet. It makes a HUGE difference. I remeber when I did it when we first bought our boat it took out EVERY single stain!

Thanks guys for the tips. I was going to get the Rug Dr. for the house so I might as well just do my car floor mats and the boat while I'm at it!

1. Finsih shop so I can bring the boat home

1. Decide on which tower to buy (Titan Series I or Monster, any thoughts)

2. Replace starter

3. Change oil/cap/rotor/plugs

4. Wax

5. Vacuum

6. Replace trailer wheel bearings

7. oil teak

8. fix tach

I'd through my suggestion in for the Titan I, they look sweet on the Malibus. It has great lines incredibly stable and strong and after 4 years not one issue. In addition, they are a local business and very well respected as a OEM for Malibu on towers.

The price for the two are virtually the same, but I wasn't sure about installation (your'e talking to the installer). Monster looks real easy but haven't found anything on people who have installed the Titan.

Helped Edwin install a T2 on his SLXi. Pretty easy to do. Take your time and as they say....measure twice (or more) and cut/drill once. Only "problem" we encountered, wasn't really a problem. Front hoop was approx. 6 inches too wide. Nothing in the instructions regarding that! After a beer, we applied a little bit of elbow grease and it was done.

Rotary to rack steering swap with new trimmable rudder. Perfectpass cruise. Still looking for a foil rack that quick releases.

For which tower? I've got some ideas on this, but I need to see what Scott @ Samson comes up with for his rack first.