Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaking of Major injuries and Safety Gear...

turbophil

sorry :blush: Why didn,t the driver stop the boat or reduced the speed to get your attention for the high rollers?i,ve you are rippin on some passes or freeride you are focused on riding the ski.You won,t pay to much attention on things around you(except shore line),here we have to count on the spotter and driver.

Looking at your injury i do not think a helmet would helped much,because of the place where the tip of the ski did hit your head.Heck maybe it could be worse with a helmet if the tip got stucked between your skull and the helmet,you might have got a broken leg too...lol.JK

anyway if you feel saver wearing a helmet,just wear it.WTF if someone thinks it looks silly,who cares.

The wife was driving. Reason she didn't slow down is a bit more my fault. I usually get mad at her when she slows for rollers. She used to do it all the time, as she was scared of them. I just got her broke of the habbit and I run a ski through my dome...What great luck...Maybe it's a sign for me to be more tolerant Innocent.gif

aha i see.it happened to me too,not as bad as your crash but i couldn not ride for 6 weeks.

now adays i take a good look at the water arround me and see if it is clear to rip it up.

i still do not wear a brace or helmet etc. because i do not want to 'feel' safer and do more stupid stuff.

not wearing any protection keeps me sharper and more focused...but to each his own.

Off subject but...You should of been on full oxygen! Stabilizing the neck is first priority (neck brace and taping you to a backboard) for absolutely no movement but oxygen should definitely be flowing.

Off subject but...You should of been on full oxygen! Stabilizing the neck is first priority (neck brace and taping you to a backboard) for absolutely no movement but oxygen should definitely be flowing.

I was for a long time... There was a solid hour that transpired before the chopper got to the lake and I was on O2 the whole time (The local ambulance made it there pretty quick) as well as the time while in the chopper. I'm not sure when they removed the O2, but it was at the hospital for sure, which was a couple hours after the crash... All my information is second hand obviously, but I've been told the story so many times that I feel like I was awake for the whole thing...but I clearly wasn't...

You can get Pro-Tec Helmets Here. I would not ski without one, IMO. :)

Thanks! I'll check them out...

So you ski with a bucket or your head? or you just think that I in particular should ;)