Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

3/4" hose vs 1" hose

gorilla

Attwood Tsunami T800 pump. 3/4" inlet and outlet with 1" hose. 4:57 avg fill time.

Attwood Tsunami T800 pump. 3/4" inlet and outlet with 3/4' hose and 3/4 Fly High quick-connects. 5:11 avg fill time

Attwood Tsunami T800 pump. 3/4" inlet and outlet with 3/4' hose and 3/4 Fly High quick-connects and the supplied 3/4 hose-barb connection on the outlet of the pump. 5:25 avg fill time.

It seems like there was little increase in time going from 1" to 3/4" hose. Only 5% more time.

I'm planning to install a 3 pump system with reversible pumps feeding two 750s in the stern and one bow bag. Thinking one 1-1/4 thru hull to supply all 3 via 1-1/4 tube to 1-1/4 x 1 Tees to the pumps. I'm not worried about 2 or 3 minutes to fill or drain but would like to have a more compact install and 3/4' tubing between the pumps and bags would be a lot easier. Does anyone have a reversible pump system with 3/4" hose?

Another question: If I use 1" hose for the feed/drain hose do I have to use 1" for the vents? As long as I don't ignore water pouring out the side ports there is no danger of bursting anything, yes?

No you do not need to use 1" for the vents. I build all my systems with .75 vent

Also, when using a positive displacement pump like an impeller pump, you will see an even less increase in flow between hose and fitting size. But, I would go with 1" hose for the thru-hull to pump to sac plumbing rather then use a .5 male pipe thread x .75 fitting in the pump. Just slip the 1" over the barb and clamp.

Yes, a 1.25" thru-hull setup will support 3 pumps just fine.