Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surgery on the Skier

martinarcher

Great work. It's great to see another square windshield come back to life! It looks like a job well done and it sure sounds like it was worth all the time. On your engine issue....if that plug isn't it watch you coil. They can be problematic when they are hot at times.

Get some good pics after the wet sand and wax out on the water.

Thanks guys! It was definitely worth it. Wish I had a larger budget, hurts putting that rainbow interior back in! :( But it'll get more work done next winter, including new upholestery. Now it's time to get enjoy it!

Here's how it sits currently.

P1000934.jpg

P1000948.jpg

P1000939.jpg

P1000941.jpg

P1000940.jpg

P1000945.jpg

P1000956.jpg

The deck sanded with 1 coat of oil on it. This winter I'll take it completely apart and run all the pieces through our sander, but for now this will do. Forgot a before pic, but here's one from when I bought the boat. It was in pretty bad shape.

215120_267657739914233_6923043_n.jpg

P1000931.jpg

And I had some extra carpet left over so I threw this little storage box together. The lid hinges and it'll sit right behind my driver seat. Just enough room for the diaper bag and snacks. :)

P1000958.jpg

Edited by CBDuner

I'm rebuilding a 1991 Sunsetter, I am looking for the observer's seat dimensions. The seat was so bad that I could not get good dimensions from it.

I'm rebuilding a 1991 Sunsetter, I am looking for the observer's seat dimensions. The seat was so bad that I could not get good dimensions from it.

The seat itself or the seat base that I built? Don't know if the Skier and Sunsetter are the same, as mine wraps clear over past the middle to the driver seat, whereas yours has the middle open for the walk through, but I'll help if I can.

Awesome thread! You have an amazing set of skills, welding, mechanical, carpentry, I'm jealous! The boat turned out great and the pics of the progress were fun to see. Enjoy the fruits of your labor this summer

The general measurment sare about the same I can make it work for the walk through I believe. I'll take any help I can get. By the way the restore you did is awesome!

Awesome thread! You have an amazing set of skills, welding, mechanical, carpentry, I'm jealous! The boat turned out great and the pics of the progress were fun to see. Enjoy the fruits of your labor this summer

:plus1:

Stripped all the vinyl off the side....I think I might leave it that way.

P1000963.jpg

Also considering doing something like this, saying Malibu or Malibu Skier. Don't know, I'll have my wife play with different stuff in photoshop. If anyone has any opinions, please let me hear them.

malibusticker.jpg

martinarcher

Nice! I love fresh gel!

I like the naked look, but I like a nice decal better. I would either replace the classic decals - they are just cool, or go with a more modern Malibu logo like rugger did on my boat. Levi's boat is pretty nice with a small Malibu decal as well, but with the color schemes like yours and mine with the big thick color stripes down the side, I dig a big decal on the side.

WOW, that is a real shine. What did you use to polish?

800, 1500, 2000 grit wet sand and then Meguiar's Medium Cut compound with a buffer. Still have the finish wax, but I'll do that last when the whole boat is ready.

One side done... Wow my arms are numb. :biggrin:

Looks GREAT !

Not that it's about the $$ at this point, but what do you figure you have invested in the project in time and $$ ?

Knowing what you know now, would you do it again ?