Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Subwoofer enclosure 2003 VLX

bradfr

I am contemplating building a subwoofer enclosure that I will install at the drivers feet. I brief search showed that if I make a sealed enclosure that fires towards the side of the boat this would have the most beneficial sound. Does anyone have any pictures of a enclosure that does something similar. I seem to recall seeing plexiglass versions where you can see into the side of the woofer. I am mainly just looking for ideas right now so I can gather the necessary supplies.

Personally I'd go with a ported enclosure facing out.

You can get a larger box and ported is typically 3db over a sealed.

Iphone033.jpg

Here's mine in a 02 vlx.

Here's n excerpt from when I built my system,

So now I HAVE THE POWER!!! Where's the output? The Sub first.

[sub Box Raw 1] - This ported 10" enclosure hits as hard as a 12" sealed enclosure. Took a while to design, but oh my it's nice, and Ronnie made sure I built it solid by the means of holding my hand all the way through it and using his tools.

[sub Box Raw 2] - Test fit is beautiful!

[sub Box Assembled] - That's just fiberglass epoxy coating the box, but I messed up mixing the last coat so it never lost it's tacky to the touch feel. So ultimately I sprayed it with bed liner.

[sub Box Installed] - Finally tucked away and hitting.