Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oj Tz X5 Vs. Oj Fusion 532

Fman

Wanted to dredge up a fusion thread to give a few more thoughts.

We've been running an acme 1433 on our boat this season. It's very equivalent to the 1235, but is 14" instead of 14.5" like the 1235. Holeshot is outstanding, but revs are high and on big lakes fuel consumption with our beast is pretty bad.

So I put the fusion back on this weekend. The boat DEFINITELY has less holeshot than with the 1433 at 4,000'. It was noticeable even to my wife who doesn't have much of a butt dyno. It's fine for our purposes, but we definitely needed to adjust at the end of the rope because the boat would take an extra second or two to get out of the hole. The fusion holds speed just fine once we are up.

The reason I'm dredging this back up is that fuel consumption was NOTICEABLY less as well. We've been going through 28 gallons a day with the 1433 and I only managed to squeeze in 18 after a full day with the fusion. Really wishing I'd have run the fusion at shasta last month!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skicrave

• Malibudude

• shawndoggy

• Fman

Anyone know what number prop the OJ "core" prop that is an option on the Axis? I bought my boat with the core prop, great hole shot but top speed was about 35. I needed a back up prop and grabbed the OJ 5 blade and now that is the prop I run. I did a side by side comparison with both props with stop watches, heavily weighted and very lightly weighted, top end speeds, 0-23mph times, wake comparisons (over at axis wake forum).

I love the cinco, I can go 43mph no ballast with 4 adults and full fuel but can also get 4k lbs of ballast out of the hole with 4 adults and full fuel. Not sure how that 5 prop test above got a top speed of 37mph, i can do 39+ with 4k lbs and 4 adults with my A22 with the 335 motor.

We had a group buy so the price was the same as the other props, but for $600+ I think you can find a similar or better prop for cheaper.

I am very interested in those of you who have 2 or more props to take a stop watch out and do comparisons on each prop. I also want to hear more about the ACME 15" props