Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oj Tz X5 Vs. Oj Fusion 532

Fman

IIRC they are the same dimensions but the 532 is a cast of the CNC'd 468.

If memory serves, I was told all OJ props start from a cast. The difference is whether they are finished by hand (like the fusion) or machine like the 468. The cnc finished props take more material to make (thicker cast to start with).

Again that's me repeating what I was told, so take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Travis, I've got both an OJ fusion (same as yours) and an Acme 1433, which is the same as a 1235 except the diameter is a bit smaller. There is no perceptible difference out of the hole with either prop. The 1433 has less cup and will therefore rev more at top speed. In our case that got us a couple hundred RPM closer to redline at full throttle and 1mph or so up on top speed.

The difference between the two is negligible and I'd be mad if I paid for the 1433 as an upgrade from the fusion (1433 was trade with dealer for stock prop, fusion is my spare). If you are looking for a spare prop, 1235 is probably pretty darn close to what you have. If you want more performance (holeshot) spencer has your answer on that 15" beast.

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skicrave

• Malibudude

• shawndoggy

• Fman

The 468 is a 14.25 X 14 and the Fusion is a 14.25 X 14.5. Both are cast in the same way. The 468 is a thicker casting that is machined. The Fusion is cast closer to a net part from a CNC machine master pattern that requires minimal clean up by hand.

Again, you aren't stuck w/ one prop. Try the 468 or the 532 or the 1235 etc and exchange them, only you can determine if you like it. Just make sure whoever you purchase it from you can exchange it.

I appreciate all the feedback.... assuming the price difference between the 532 and 468 is because of the finishing methods?

Here is the best price I found on all of them...

OJ 532 - $422

OJ 468 - $534

ACME 1235 - $515

Anyone else have a recommendation of a good shop to purchase a prop?

The 468 is a 14.25 X 14 and the Fusion is a 14.25 X 14.5. Both are cast in the same way. The 468 is a thicker casting that is machined. The Fusion is cast closer to a net part from a CNC machine master pattern that requires minimal clean up by hand.

Again, you aren't stuck w/ one prop. Try the 468 or the 532 or the 1235 etc and exchange them, only you can determine if you like it. Just make sure whoever you purchase it from you can exchange it.

Have no complaints about the 532, put 140 hours on it last season, still seems to be perfect... just wanted to find out what other options are out there. The 532 seems to be the best bang for the $$$. What advantages do you get out of the 468 with a thicker casting? If you hit something would it hold up better? stay balanced longer? there must be a reason it is priced $90+ higher.

Edited by Fman

If yours runs smooth and performs like you want it to, I would agree that 532 is tough to be from a value standpoint. If you're looking for something else in terms of performance, than obviously it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

A FWIW, I believe you can find those props cheaper than those places with your Crew discount. ;)

I appreciate all the feedback.... assuming the price difference between the 532 and 468 is because of the finishing methods?

Here is the best price I found on all of them...

OJ 532 - $422

OJ 468 - $534

ACME 1235 - $515

Anyone else have a recommendation of a good shop to purchase a prop?

The 468 will be stronger out of the hole a bit, but if the performance of the 532 works and your happy w/ it I see no need to change. There is more material and it's an "original" so it sort of has to be higher cost wise/ Again if you say buy the 468 for craps and giggles and then decide you like the 532 better or it's not worth the extra $$ exchange it. If you want to try the 468 I'm sure we'll be out soon your welcome to see how it preforms on my boat. Or you like the 532 and know it well so stick w/ it if that floats your boat... :) We may run a group buy in spring if there is enough interest.

I was exceedingly impressed with the acme 2079. I think it'll be a good step for those who desire more holeshot.

It isn't THE prop for everyone as the boat topped out at 37, but should be awesome for surfing and exceedingly heavy weighted boats.

We currently have the 5 blade ACME from the tests on a 2012 247 with the 6.0L. That is the most ridiculous tug boat I have ever driven. We've added 5000# to that boat. It doesn't even know it's there. buuuuuut... it tops out at 30... IT spins some insane amount of rpm's just at wakeboarding speed, so it likes gas.

What we basically found out- Like disposable razors- 5 blades really don't do anything differently

You can get the same results by just playing around pitch, cup, and diameter of 4 blades

There is a theory being tossed around that the 5 blades should actually change the wake of the boats, we ran out of time to really test that out, so it'll have to wait until spring

Pic of the insane 5 bade acme proto ->5 blade

Edited by edgeski1

while we're asking prop questions, what's a reasonable top speed to expect out of a 23 lsv with monsoon and a 1235?

Not an LSV, but I think my VLX does like 43-44ish, so should be close... I do keep a few hundred lbs of pop bags in her so technically more weight than the stock LSV :whistle:

while we're asking prop questions, what's a reasonable top speed to expect out of a 23 lsv with monsoon and a 1235?

Lots of variables, 38-39 is what we typically see.

When we have the 1235 on a VLX or LSV the boat has two speeds. 10.7 mph and 23.5 mph. With that said I never really push it past 35 mph when we are cruising up and down the river.

OK I have a 06 V-Ride I just added some more weight to my boat Max now is about 3000+. :rockon: I have a 537 it did fine last year but I was just adding wedge and about 900lb more. So what do you guys think. I surf and wakeboard. Ski very little I do pull the kids on the tube from time to time. But I could care less about going fast on water.

Edited by Bradley Thornton

You will have a very difficult time with that much ballast and a 537. Lots of options, so give us a call if you want to chat, but most in your position will go with the 1235 from ACME or the 532 or 468 from OJ.

Keep your 537 as a spare and you're ready to roll!

OK I have a 06 V-Ride I just added some more weight to my boat Max now is about 3000+. :rockon: I have a 537 it did fine last year but I was just adding wedge and about 900lb more. So what do you guys think. I surf and wakeboard. Ski very little I do pull the kids on the tube from time to time. But I could care less about going fast on water.

The OJ fusion that is the topic of this thread was a good fit for us on our 06 vride. There's no way you are going to get out of the hole with 3000lbs and a 537.

You will have a very difficult time with that much ballast and a 537. Lots of options, so give us a call if you want to chat, but most in your position will go with the 1235 from ACME or the 532 or 468 from OJ.Keep your 537 as a spare and you're ready to roll!

I have heard they have a new 15' 4 blade out any word on this or it just a rummer.

The OJ fusion that is the topic of this thread was a good fit for us on our 06 vride. There's no way you are going to get out of the hole with 3000lbs and a 537.

Thank, For the $ it is awesome, How much weight do you have.

I have heard they have a new 15' 4 blade out any word on this or it just a rummer.

Don't have it anymore, but when we did we'd surf with 750 in the locker, 400 on the seat, 400 in the bow, mid tank full, wedge down, and people. Never had a problem getting out of the hole to surf with the fusion. Never tried to get somebody up running that heavy wakeboarding, so don't have a good measure to compare.

The OJ 468 severs me well with factory ballast and a full load of people and surf weight in my VLX. YMMV

This is a great thread.

So assuming both are on a VLX how does the ACME 1273 compare to the ACME 1235?

Sounds like the 1235 plains out just fine with 3k lbs of total ballast, will the 1273 also handle that kind of weight?

What is the top speed of of the 1273 (looks like the 1235 is 39-41 mph)?

What is the RPM with each at wakeboarding speeds (say 22-23 mph)?

The extra cup of the 1273 will add 1 MAYBE 2 MPH to the top speed and drop RPMs 100-200 once you get above a couple thousand. The difference in holeshot from the 1235 is very minor, so much so that I'm reasonably confident you could interchange those props on someone's boat and they would have no idea..

I found someone selling a new Acme 1235, left handed rotation, 1 1/8" shaft, wanted to make sure this will fit my 2011 vlx. Can anyone confirm this is the correct prop. The owner states it will fit a Malibu.

I found someone selling a new Acme 1235, left handed rotation, 1 1/8" shaft, wanted to make sure this will fit my 2011 vlx. Can anyone confirm this is the correct prop. The owner states it will fit a Malibu.

there is only one 1235. If the rotation were different or the shaft size were splined or whatever, the prop would have a different number. For instance the mastercraft (splined) equivalent is 1285.