Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission Temp Running Hot?

This thread goes back 10 years without a clear solution.  Several years ago my dealer theorized that an intermittent wiring harness connection may be the culprit of 65701 fault on my '06 VLX.  But obviously would be tricky to find.  I get the check engine beep every time out (especially during acceleration), and hit the "E" button to clear it.  Never seen any signs of thermal issues so it does seem like some ECU software bug as mentioned by @Colby2ya and not a true thermal fault.

Tired of clearing the fault constantly so I'm interested in taking another crack at it.  Was going to ask the dealer to look at it again this winter.  Any solutions to this or suggestions from the Crew?