Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 Wakesetter 23Lsv - Opinions

Viper_007

Well, finally going to check it out tomorrow. Any thing in particular you all recommend checking on/problematic areas of the '10 23LSV's? Where there different options on how you could order ballast? Thought I saw that in another thread and wasn't sure.

Well, finally going to check it out tomorrow. Any thing in particular you all recommend checking on/problematic areas of the '10 23LSV's? Where there different options on how you could order ballast? Thought I saw that in another thread and wasn't sure.

You want the quad ballast system (4 tanks), most of the LSV's should have this upgrade, but some might not.

Bring a good camera and take pictures of everything. All angles of exterior, all the seats, stereo, speakers and amps. Also take pictures of the wakes at different speeds and ballast setting. I would take a picture of the Malivue then the wake at each speed / setting you are interested in. I found this really useful to remember specific items about different boats I was looking at. Also get pictures of the trailer, wheels, jack, prop guard, bunks.

Also, bring a checklist with all available options and verify what the boat has on it. This will also help you remember what you looked at.

Good luck hope you really like the boat.

Kris

Bring a good camera and take pictures of everything. All angles of exterior, all the seats, stereo, speakers and amps. Also take pictures of the wakes at different speeds and ballast setting. I would take a picture of the Malivue then the wake at each speed / setting you are interested in. I found this really useful to remember specific items about different boats I was looking at. Also get pictures of the trailer, wheels, jack, prop guard, bunks.

Also, bring a checklist with all available options and verify what the boat has on it. This will also help you remember what you looked at.

Good luck hope you really like the boat.

Kris

Sounds like you looked at alot of boats Kris..

Well, it's finally official...here is the new sinister looking ride!

6956607167_81fb1a290b_z.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback, will take some more shots when I can go get it.

6956607167_81fb1a290b_z.jpg

Congrats, great looking ride :rockon:

Yep, need more pics.

Congrats on the purchase and I am sure you won't be disappointed. It sure is a good looking boat.

I came from a Mastercraft X2 and many other Mastercrafts through the years. I now have a 2011 Malibu LSV. I am very pleased with the boat. I love driving this boat. It handles like my old X7. I have 1500 lbs of additional ballast and I think it's surfs pretty well.

I live in Denver and I have 2010 23LSV with the 350 Monsoon and the wake surf with the stock ballast is fine. It is just under waist high (im Tall) and we can ride it ropeless easily with 3 people in the boat. Of course it gets better with more people or more weight but it isnt required.

I added a fat sack and the wave just got that much better (Chest High). Since I have a 3 ballast boat, I also added a fat sack in the front under the bow seats and that really stretched out the wave. The wave is long with plent of room to play if you know what you are doing.

We have no problems getting on plane while surfing or wakeboarding and there is usually 8 to 10 people on the boat at all times. We did have an issue wakeboarding on the advanced setting getting on plane but it turned out that somehow the auto wedge got turned off. So we had full ballasts and the wedge deployed and coundn't plane out. Checked the settings in Maliview, checked auto wedge, and all was good.

Fit and finnish is pretty good. Im picky so there have been a few minor things but nothing to really complain about. I hope this helps!

I dont think you will be disapointed at all.