Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Round 3 On Stereo Upgrade

Wakesetter67

Dropped by Exile today to snap some Pic's,....We are Making Progress, Batteries are installed just need to hook up everything, Bobby Bright hooked me up with this cool Battery fill kit to keep them toped off with water as needed, and yes we are still waiting for Samson to finnish the G3 Mounting Brackets, But I hear they are close!!! Here are a few pic's, Keep in mind they are still wiring everything, courtbday049.jpg 6 XM9's courtbday039.jpgcourtbday034.jpgcourtbday037.jpgcourtbday041.jpgcourtbday040.jpg

He did huh?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wakesetter67

• Bobby Light

• Murphy8166

• Bartdude

Do you have a starting battery as well or just running the 6v's

Yes its in front of the 6V's... BOBBY Light got Me that real sturdy 6V Box, And the watering System, Not hooked up yet. Edited by Wakesetter67

Yes its in front of the 6V's...

Just to clear it up, the 6v will do everything including starting the boat. There is a emergency reserve battery that will only be tapped in the highly improbably and unlikely event the 6v batteries die. This setup works perfectly and has never been an issue for me, won't be for him either.

Just to clear it up, the 6v will do everything including starting the boat. There is a emergency reserve battery that will only be tapped in the highly improbably and unlikely event the 6v batteries die. This setup works perfectly and has never been an issue for me, won't be for him either.

I like the setup you guys are running and exactly how you have it. That box is real nice too, they aren't cheap but nothing with quality is.

good job

I like the setup you guys are running and exactly how you have it. That box is real nice too, they aren't cheap but nothing with quality is.

good job

I got the Good Ol Bobby Light Deal...Thanks again!!

good job

It works good. It's the simplist, most fool proof, and solid battery/charging system I've ever used. Nothing else has ever compared, including the $600 Lifeline 8d AGM batteries I've tried in the past.

Hi,

Any chance you can post or send me a picture of the battery setup. I have been thinking about doing the very same thing.

Thanks

Dave

I will post more recent ones here shortly with everything wired and cleaned up a bit, this was during install, Speaker will be mounted real soon.. I have a 12v Back Up battery in front of the 6V Batts for starting if I run the 6v down too low. It is on a separate switch and only used just in case..

Edited by Wakesetter67

I'm curious about your power distribution block. It looks to have both ground as well as fused power as well as a possible voltage display. Can you elaborate on the make and model. I would like to get something similar.

I'm curious about your power distribution block. It looks to have both ground as well as fused power as well as a possible voltage display. Can you elaborate on the make and model. I would like to get something similar.

Here You Go!!!

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.php/install-accessories/amp-kits/main-power-hookup-kit.html

For those wanting to actually wire it right the 1st time, I would suggest adding in the proper circuit protection on the POS trunk line that needs to be within 18" of the battery. $.02

Good point, I left it up to the Professionals at Exile...Got it right the first time!!!

Good point, I left it up to the Professionals at Exile...Got it right the first time!!!

It got done right I'm sure vince. There is more than one person on this earth that knows how to wire a system.

Edited by Bobby Light

It got done right I'm sure vince. There is more than one person on this earth that knows how to wire a system.

Ya I'm in good hands...I hear they might be getting close, Brian said they were working on the Tower today!!