Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lead For Ballast Or Pop Bags

wakesetter8796

Now that right there explains a lot about Jake! :rofl:

HEhe, all true..... but he's still havin kids so it must not have been long term! :rockon:

Filling PVC tubes (or ANY container for that matter) with the scrap lead would work fine. No reason to melt it down, clean it or even touch it. Just fill the tubes & glue the ends on. Done.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I have eight 40 lb bags. I can get 6 of them under the bow center cushion. Plus 2 more in the battery area under the spotters seat to balance the boat out.

If your going to use another container, get one that fits in the space your thinkin it will live the most. For instance, on my MC 205 I had four 1' long bricks under the gunnels on each side, plus three of them back behind the back seat (about 50 lbs each).

The beauty of using lead is that you can use it in specific places, hidden from site, and it doesn't effect your storage spaces. But you want to make it small enough that you can grab it & move it around if needed (like if your going to have 12 people on the boat that day, or going to trailer it 500 miles). It's the kind of weight you can use to dial things in, but not the kind you want to have 1500 lbs of on board.