Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Tower Is This?

Update on the tower:

So after skylon didn't have any clue, I contact sampson and malibu directly. Still no luck.

I decided to follow MichiganBoarder's suggestion and talk to a welding shop. Luckily my cousin could run for mayor in one of the Cincinnati suburbs (he has a LOT of connections/friends). I called the guy after speaking to my cousin. He told me to take everything off the tower that you don't want to be harmed and bring it up.

I dropped it off this morning completely stripped of board racks, speakers, etc. He told me he would have it back to me next week!

Only cost me $100 for him to clean it up, then on to the sanding and rattle can!

TowerStripped.jpg

Update on the tower:

So after skylon didn't have any clue, I contact sampson and malibu directly. Still no luck.

I decided to follow MichiganBoarder's suggestion and talk to a welding shop. Luckily my cousin could run for mayor in one of the Cincinnati suburbs (he has a LOT of connections/friends). I called the guy after speaking to my cousin. He told me to take everything off the tower that you don't want to be harmed and bring it up.

I dropped it off this morning completely stripped of board racks, speakers, etc. He told me he would have it back to me next week!

Only cost me $100 for him to clean it up, then on to the sanding and rattle can!

Sweet!

Looks like possibly a WakeAiror maybe the old Roswell tower to me.

Glad to hear your getting it cleaned up. I just did this to a UTV cage with my trusty Harbor Freight flux welder, a flap disk on an angle grinder & some black spray paint. Turned out pretty good for an amateur welder.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update on the tower.

Back from the welding shop and primed for black paint. Welds are much cleaner than before, and the black primer already makes it look better!

Next step is to gloss the tower, polish the racks and lights, and install the new tower speakers!

PrimeredTower.jpg