Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Warming Tray

Tacostik

I'd like one of these too, but the knobs that hold my flame arrestor on actually leave an indention into the carpet on the underside of the engine hatch....zero clearance.

I've done some vacuum forming, I made some bow speaker housings for a friends Sunsetter. If you can make the forms out of wood the vacuum forming is easy. You need to find a place that can make it with the thick material. The material I used was a little thin and I had to reinforce the corners. I would rout ribs in the tray for strength too. Just make the form out of MDF.

Anyone done a mod to add a warming tray? I have a 99 with the one piece sunpad.

I too would like to know this. I'll look at mine this weekend. I might fab one out of aluminum just for the extra storage space if nothing pops up in this thread.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know the part number for the warming tray. I just ordered one from bakes marine and it arrived today. It is def not the warming tray but some small little bin. I'll have to give bakes a call but if someone knows the actual part number that would be great.

Anyone know the part number for the warming tray. I just ordered one from bakes marine and it arrived today. It is def not the warming tray but some small little bin. I'll have to give bakes a call but if someone knows the actual part number that would be great.

That's seems odd that they would have sent you the wrong "warming tray"...I'm sure Paul or Andrew can get the part number.

Yeah I actually dealt with Andrew who looked up the part number and got it ordered. I also ordered the plexiglass windscreen along with it which was all good. I will call bakes tomorrow and see what they want to do. Here is a pic of the warming tray I was sent. You can see how small it is. I am really not even sure what it is for but there is no way in heck you can even fit one life jacket in it and it is not for the v drive part. I dont pick the boat up until Saturday so I am not sure, but it almost looks like a tray for the glove box or something. The picture below I put a magazine insie of the tray to show the actual size.

The warming tray I am after is like the one above(with the speakers in it) that covers the motor compartment.

IMG_0185.jpg

Edited by Armyguy

bought one from bakes and have to modify it to fit around the shocks

But i love it and don't know how I got along with out it

so nice to put on a warm life jacket

Edited by my malibu

bought one from bakes and have to modify it to fit around the shocks

But i love it and don't know how I got along with out it

so nice to put on a warm life jacket

Do you happen to know the item number?

Yeah I actually dealt with Andrew who looked up the part number and got it ordered. I also ordered the plexiglass windscreen along with it which was all good. I will call bakes tomorrow and see what they want to do. Here is a pic of the warming tray I was sent. You can see how small it is. I am really not even sure what it is for but there is no way in heck you can even fit one life jacket in it and it is not for the v drive part. I dont pick the boat up until Saturday so I am not sure, but it almost looks like a tray for the glove box or something. The picture below I put a magazine insie of the tray to show the actual size.

The warming tray I am after is like the one above(with the speakers in it) that covers the motor compartment.

IMG_0185.jpg

Looks as if it's the liner for the glove box?

Called Andrew at bakes who had me send him a picture. He saw it and agreed that they sent me the wrong part. He said that he will contact Malibu and have them send me the right part. Hopefully Malibu can get it right this time...lol

I will be making a warming tray for the engine compartment and also a tray for over the vdrive. I have a few ideas and I will post up my progress. It should be next week.

I will be making a warming tray for the engine compartment and also a tray for over the vdrive. I have a few ideas and I will post up my progress. It should be next week.

Shoot, looks like you'll beat me to it. I have been wanting to make one for mine every since -BS- got his 09. Truth be told though in my boat it would be so shallow that one vest might fit. Would be still good for flags, ropes etc.

• 5 years later...

Hi guys super old thread I know, does anyone have the dimensions (mostly depth) of the factory tray that will fit in an 06 VLX? I think I have to make mine. 

On 2/2/2012 at 10:31 AM, Bill_AirJunky said:

Possibly. I'm not sure how deep it could be..... maybe 2" or 3"?

So how would you build it? Maybe make a mold out of wood, then lay up a few layers of fiberglass over the top it? Then after it sets, pop the wood out & trim to fit?

I thought about putting a bag and filling it with foam and then pulling it and using the hardened foam as a mold for fiberglass...sound simple but probably a bit harder in execution.

On 2/2/2012 at 11:46 AM, vette-ski said:

I'd like one of these too, but the knobs that hold my flame arrestor on actually leave an indention into the carpet on the underside of the engine hatch....zero clearance.

I noticed that too, but on the sides there is more clearance and in front of the motor it would be a wide and fairly deep pocket.

I put one from a 2007 into my 2006.  It's the correct size, but I had to make some mods:  cut it to fit under the hatch hinges, make a hole for the hatch pin and move the hatch pin holder to clear the tray.  The rear part of the tray does not contact the hull, so I'm going to add a spacer to give it more support.  Sorry for the poor description.  I'll get some pics this weekend.

Here are some pics of mine:  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/je0cc7y8uaeywd5/AAARyhgmKymF9N2ryWcmV76Za?dl=0

The tray is from a 2007 Wakesetter.  It's approximately 34 3/8 wide by 34 deep to the outer edges.  I used a dremel with a sanding wheel to make the cutouts for the hinges and the hole for the hatch pin.  I also had to move the part under the center hatch about an inch toward the center.  It's hard to see from the third pic, but the rear of the tray doesn't touch the boat.  There's about an inch gap.  I'll probably cut a piece of Starboard and mount it there to give the tray a little extra support.

21 minutes ago, nlouthan said:

Here are some pics of mine:  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/je0cc7y8uaeywd5/AAARyhgmKymF9N2ryWcmV76Za?dl=0

The tray is from a 2007 Wakesetter.  It's approximately 34 3/8 wide by 34 deep to the outer edges.  I used a dremel with a sanding wheel to make the cutouts for the hinges and the hole for the hatch pin.  I also had to move the part under the center hatch about an inch toward the center.  It's hard to see from the third pic, but the rear of the tray doesn't touch the boat.  There's about an inch gap.  I'll probably cut a piece of Starboard and mount it there to give the tray a little extra support.

Part number?