Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Round 3: Ndawg12 Vs Swim Platform

Ndawg12

Finally picked up an actual FG platform for a good price, only problem is that it was red!! The internet knows everything so I researched how to paint over gel coat, pretty simple really, sand it with 400, clean it, clean it some more, clean it again, prime it, and paint it. I also added 3 coats of clear enamel. I'm not too proud to admit I rattle canned it (Pete, I can see your eyes rolling :biggrin: ) rather than paying mad money to have it gelled, which I can still do later. So how long do you think it will last, place your bets....

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

it looks great!

• 3 months later...

Love the look of freshly oiled teak.......... on someone else's Bu.

Call me lazy but it's not worth the constant effort to keep it freshly oiled. Slick as cat sh!t on linoleum too.

Fiberglass is the way to go!